Ive been playing for about 5 years, and I recently noticed that im the only one I know who uses my middle finger and thumb to hold the pick. Anyone else out there the same?
Meee.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD Viper-400
Jackson RR3
Gibson SG Voodoo
Washburn Acoustic

Peavey 6505 head.
Marshall JCM200 TSL100 head.
Vader 4x12.

Maxon OD9.
Boss NS-2.
i used to use my index finger, middle finger, and thumb but i stopped doing it
I use all three: thumb, index, and middle. Though most of the pressure is on the thumb and middle, and the index is used more for stability and to prevent slippage.
I only use my index and thumb, cuz I use my middle for tapping. And besides that, I've just always been able to play faster when I just use my index and thumb
I played using my middle and thumb for quite a while, but my friend (who has played for 15 years) Told me i should change and use my Index and thumb and it did make quite a differance in my playing i found, it helped my speed and control quite a bit.
Quote by hawking_hole
reb breach does that so he can tap

As does EVH
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
Im trying to make myself learn without my middle but i keep subconsciously going back
Thumb and index and middle for tapping.

It's really a lot easier to tap with your middle finger, you can place your hand on the fretboard and get a lot more speed and power.

Index feels more natural, only reason I use my middle finger is because when I first started tapping my index killed ^^. But im glad I found out the advantages of using my middle finger.
i use my index so i have my other fingers free to finger pick while i pick....that way u can do some sweet finger picking and strumming.....my personal preference...every1s different
Reb Beach, EVH and Glenn Drover all do it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I do, but I'm just learning as well, maybe I should learn to use my index finger too
MIJ Jackson Kelly
Fender Frontman 15G