Page 2 of 2
Quote by wylde_overdrive

Check Steve Vai's left hand

F**king lol!

I strech to about six but it only depends how low you go on your guitar
I just checked...
from fret 1 to 7
yeah as people have said , Buckethead and Paul Gilbert have big hands.

But there are some amazing players with small hands, Michael Romeo and Shawn Lane both have/had very small hands.

Ive also got pretty large hands , i can do a chord stretch of

D-7---
A-5---
E-1----

in the middle of a song with no struggle.
" Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue-to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak. "
- Socrates

Winner of the John Lewis and Cambridgeshire Music young musician Award 2008
Quote by wylde_overdrive

Looks like Jeff Beck has little baby hands compared to Vai and Berry.
Paul Gilbert has enormous hands, probably about 11 inches
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.
Quote by Hcmanu
Top of my longest finger to wrist,

24 cm ( i know i got goddamn big hands)

lol im at 17cm
I know a lot had long fingers. Hendrix had ridiculously long fingers.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
steve vai has huge hands and he s awesome and sr vs hand were massive
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.

i always thought Marty Friedman had big hands...

i just measured mine. Im 20cm from thumb to pinkie, and 19cm from wrist to the end of my middle finger

edit: holly f*cking sh*t at the pic of steve vai
Last edited by ralph wiggum at May 17, 2008,
Quote by real6
Kurt Cobain had small hands and was short, but he was spectacular. Prince has small ahnds and is like 5'2". Paul Westerberg had normal hands. I guess if you're a lead guitarist it's better to have large hands, but it doesn't matter the size if you play rhythm.

Kurt Cobain was most certainly not spectacular. He even said he was a lame guitarist.
Quote by rockinlespaul
That's so photoshopped.

I doubt it. You can clearly distinguish between his little finger, and whatever the hell is on it. Slide perhaps?
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
Quote by angus is god
Joe Satriani actually has quite normal hands for an Italian like myself. We have about the same hand size.

Angus had small hands, same with david gilmour.

Come again?
Quote by rockinlespaul
That's so photoshopped.

I'm pretty sure that's just an extension. You can even see where it gets darker on his fingers.
I envy my brother for having huge hands. He's not very tall, and the only reason I can think of for having such enormous hands is because he played handball when he was a teenager. His fingers are long and skinny, what most people would call "pianist's fingers" (those bastards get all the merit), and although he can REALLY stretch them, they're clumsy, as in I-can't-keep-a-string-properly-fretted clumsy. Either way, it's a waste of good hands.

On the other hand, this girl I know has the shortest, stubbiest fingers I've seen on a teenage girl, but plays the piano like a mofo.
Quote by synpet713192

It's also an extender on his pinky. His fingers are long, but not as long as that looks.

This.
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
Quote by Cameronrobson
Afro-Americans like Mr. Hendrix generally have larger hands ( for better grip on their drum sticks/basketballs/fried chicken ) where as asians like Mr. Li usually have smaller, more flexible hands ( better from doing finger gymnastics.........if you know what I mean. ). White folks have hands also.

oh my god . you're going to hell

and asians don't have smaller hands for gynastics, silly.
it's so they can assamble those tiny components in your amps and effects
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Sep 7, 2008,
Quote by Cameronrobson
Afro-Americans like Mr. Hendrix generally have larger hands ( for better grip on their drum sticks/basketballs/fried chicken ) where as asians like Mr. Li usually have smaller, more flexible hands ( better from doing finger gymnastics.........if you know what I mean. ). White folks have hands also.

Well put, couldn't have said it better myself
Page 2 of 2