more strings doesn't mean your better i think it means your worse cuz you need an extra string to play through bigger tonal ranges instead of working the fretboard. and anyone that goes w/ that stupid its simple 6>7 bs is retarded EVH learned on one string and i bet he played the hell out of it
Either a troll or a f*cking idiot.
Please leave UG and never come back.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
i prefer 6, but I like 7 strings too, its just nothing that i would really find myself using very often.
this is a dumb thread, I don't like Steve Vai all that much, but there's no way you can say he sucks because he plays a 7 string sometimes
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
seven string guitar are **** thats why every famous guitar made has six strings on it LP strats ect ect and f uck you norflon
dude are you serious my hands are too small for a 7 string wow. i could prob play a 7 better than you could and i hate em. If you want more strings get a 12 string.
uhhhh.... a six string is the same thing as a 7.... cept 7 has one more string... so why is a 6 better than a 7???

I'm confused
Someone's on his time of the month

You're just an ignorant idiot, and nobody cares.
7 > 6

Anything you can do on a 6 you can do on a 7. Further, no matter what a 7 gives you an extra 5-7 notes.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Unc should probably just take off his other five strings and play on one, just like EVH did!
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by uncboy19
dude are you serious my hands are too small for a 7 string wow. i could prob play a 7 better than you could and i hate em. If you want more strings get a 12 string.

You are a douche and a disgrace to the Tar Heel name. Go away.
why cant u play the seven string like a normal 6 sixstring and just not use the 7th if u want to.. thats why i might buy a seven string .. im confused..

EDIT: lol i just realised that there is a post almost identical to mine near the top hehehe
Quote by alexi_is_God
why cant u play the seven string like a normal 6 sixstring and just not use the 7th if u want to.. thats why i might buy a seven string .. im confused..

7 strings can have wider necks which is harder to play for some people.
You'r an ignorant prick, just because one chooses to play something different does NOT make them a better player, just more individual. The reason why all the "famous" guitarists play LP's and strat's is because those are the oldest electric guitars, and they use them because they just like them, not because they think 7's are ****, so just go away because you have no point saying that 7 strings aren't better than 6's other than your useless opinion. So **** you.
I vote that uncboy19's opinion is automatically void for believing that Buckethead has less technique than Clapton or Hendrix.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
if you think that bh's technique is as good as page hendrix and claptons your a moran and whats the point of having a wider neck for five notes that you can get on a six string if you know how to drop tune wow blown out of proportion guys
^ this kid now gets this:

oh, and by the way, Clapton, Page, and Hendrix used the MINOR FRIGGIN PENTATONIC.
I'll bet even you could use that...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Attention: We have an idiot on our hands that thinks hes cool because he can try to flame 7 stringers. Lets see you try to play a seven string punk then you can flame.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

Quote by PlagueX1
Attention: We have an idiot on our hands that thinks hes cool because he can try to flame 7 stringers. Lets see you try to play a seven string punk then you can flame.

QFT.

I bet his hands are too small to reach it.
Quote by Avedas
QFT.

I bet his hands are too small to reach it.

probably correct. actually, no that IS correct.

This kid is getting PWNED!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by uncboy19
if you think that bh's technique is as good as page hendrix and claptons your a moran

I'm a moron? You can't even spell the damn word.

Your opinion is now officially void, please leave your life at the door to the site.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I really don't see how a 7 string is easier than a 6 string...seeing as the learning curve for someone who's used to a 6 moving to a 7 is anywhere from a few days to a few months. Sure, it's easier to make heavy riffs in standard tuning, because well, 7 strings have more balls than 6 strings.

IMO, it's 10x easier to play a 6 string tuned down 2 steps making heavy riffs than on a 7 string.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Close this thread before the entire 7 string legion shoves your face in the dirt on this one ****brick and try it for a while before you attempt to make a thread out of it. Flaming an extended range instrument with no experience is stupid and useless.
thread\
Quote by bowen
Close this thread before the entire 7 string legion shoves your face in the dirt on this one ****brick

I think they would just laugh at this. its so stupid, its just an extra string everyones argueing about.
Last edited by strings-N-stuff at Feb 28, 2008,
Quote by uncboy19
more strings doesn't mean your better i think it means your worse cuz you need an extra string to play through bigger tonal ranges instead of working the fretboard. and anyone that goes w/ that stupid its simple 6>7 bs is retarded EVH learned on one string and i bet he played the hell out of it

one isnt better, its just different. who cares really?
Quote by strings-N-stuff

I think they would just laugh at this. its so stupid, its just an extra string everyones argueing about.

+1, my self-defensive mechanism just kicked in there. I agree with you. This thread is retarded. The end.