What do you think of black face peavey speaker, a person is trying to trade me his classic 30 with those speaker. How are they compare to...let say Celestion Vintage 30?
What's he trying to trade it for?
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

Quote by ac/dc_freak91
What's he trying to trade it for?

peavey classic 50 212/BT newest model. I think his is an old model, for i know that the new ones comes stock with blue marvel speaker
I would A/B each amp with your guitar and see which one you like better.
Quote by Vermintide

you can just get a warehouse speaker from warehousespeakers.com if you dont like it. apparently they sound better than v30's but for 40 bucks. also peavey is notorious for having bad speakers so id imagine it wouldnt sound better than a v30
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by ac/dc_freak91
I would A/B each amp with your guitar and see which one you like better.

Do you mean try them out? Noob question, i know lol
Quote by sg622
you can just get a warehouse speaker from warehousespeakers.com if you dont like it. apparently they sound better than v30's but for 40 bucks. also peavey is notorious for having bad speakers so id imagine it wouldnt sound better than a v30

Is it easy to replace speaker?
Quote by angeldef
Do you mean try them out? Noob question, i know lol

Yeah, try each amp out side by side and see which one you like better. And yes, it is easy to replace a speaker.
Quote by Vermintide

Quote by angeldef
Is it easy to replace speaker?

Yes. just a little bit of soddering.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Quote by sg622

Another vote for the Warehouse! THey look exactly like Celestions for less than half the price.
Quote by leadfootdriver
Another vote for the Warehouse! THey look exactly like Celestions for less than half the price.

I don't care how they look. I care about how they sound. But yes, they do a nice copy, maybe slightly warmer mids in the v30 clone.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
I don't care how they look. I care about how they sound. But yes, they do a nice copy, maybe slightly warmer mids in the v30 clone.

The point was that they have the same cones. Their magnets and baskets looked exactly like my Celestions too. SO, same quality, less price.
Quote by leadfootdriver
The point was that they have the same cones. Their magnets and baskets looked exactly like my Celestions too. SO, same quality, less price.

They can look exactly the same, but sound different. Hellatones are v30's, right? But they've been broken in or what not, and have a distinctly different midrange spike. Are the speaker coils exactly the same too? Can you tell, just by looking at them what wattage they are too?

Tubes can look exactly, 100% identical, yet each batch is different. Aluminum can look exactly like steel too, doesn't mean they're the same.

Sure, they can be of the same materials and quality, but can still sound completely different. There's more to speaker design than just using the same materials. I'm not invalidating your opinion, but, in my experience, there's more to it that materials.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Feb 28, 2008,