Page 1 of 2
dean guitars are awesome but the problem with them is that there to damn big its hard moving them around without knocking in tothings and the case for a razorback is huge i cant go anywhere without people asking me "hey is that a keyboard" why does dean make there razorbacks and headstocks on all of them so big
... What?

Is this a rant? If so, they make them big because that's how they are. If you didn't want a big, obnoxious guitar, you shouldn't have bought a Dean.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I'm not a fan of Dean guitars, they make a few half decent models but the ML's are just appaling, not only cause they have necks like baseball bats, but the bodies are massive (as you illustrated) then of course you've got all your Pantera/Dimebag bummers (most of which were not aware of Pantera 'til after Dime died) and Trivium scrote fans.
They should release some more superstrat types instead of just focusing on Dime & ML's.
Best Dean by far is the USA VMNT (Dave Mustaine sig.).
Anyone else agree?
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Quote by im_atheist
I'm not a fan of Dean guitars, they make a few half decent models but the ML's are just appaling, not only cause they have necks like baseball bats, but the bodies are massive (as you illustrated) then of course you've got all your Pantera/Dimebag bummers (most of which were not aware of Pantera 'til after Dime died) and Trivium scrote fans.
They should release some more superstrat types instead of just focusing on Dime & ML's.
Anyone else agree?

Not really, because I buy Deans for the Z, ML and V guitars and I wouldn't go looking for superstrats there. That's what I have Charvel and Jackson for. Those V necks are the most comfy necks I have ever played hands down too.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Not really, because I buy Deans for the Z, ML and V guitars and I wouldn't go looking for superstrats there. That's what I have Charvel and Jackson for. Those V necks are the most comfy necks I have ever played hands down too.

This won't be surprising coming from an Ibanez player BUT I don't think I've ever found a neck that beats the Wizard II. My hand fits round it perfectly and its so comfortable and smooth, (mines satin glossed).
But guitar is personal preference, not everyone plays to the same tune!

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Quote by im_atheist
This won't be surprising coming from an Ibanez player BUT I don't think I've ever found a neck that beats the Wizard II. My hand fits round it perfectly and its so comfortable and smooth, (mines satin glossed).
But guitar is personal preference, not everyone plays to the same tune!

Yeah! See, I can't play Ibanez guitars. The necks are too thin for me and they hurt my wrist. Then again, it would probably be better if I didn't play the guitar so damn low! I had a nice RG a couple of years ago. It sounded really nice and all, but it was giving me wrist problems!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah! See, I can't play Ibanez guitars. The necks are too thin for me and they hurt my wrist. Then again, it would probably be better if I didn't play the guitar so damn low! I had a nice RG a couple of years ago. It sounded really nice and all, but it was giving me wrist problems!

sure it were 'Nez and not masturbating that were the problem? haha

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
I have a Dean Razorback.... the guitar is just right, the case is just right.... This is a man's guitar, not meant for small children. It's got great action, great body style, great sound, I have no complaints, best guitar I own.

Gibson SG Classic
Laguna LE 422
Dean Razorback
Washburn LK60PS
Fender Bass
Ibanez Acoustoc/Electric
Marshall MG 15HFX Microstack
Line 6 Spider III Amp

Remeber...... Every where you go, there you are!
If your tall, it kinda just goes with you.
Also
V neck>Wizard II
I've played on the wizard for more than 2 hours. I thought it was amazing till i got the dean, then it just felt...something was missing.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by majorpain1023
This is a man's guitar, not meant for small children.

Even though 9/10 people who own a Razorback are small children.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Even though 9/10 people who own a Razorback are small children.

So glad I'm that 1... I take it your in the 0-9? Where do you get your stats? Most childeren couldn't afford it.... Sorry I forgot about Mommy and Daddy. Let me rephrase that, most children couldn't afford to buy it on their own, and by the time they save up enough money from their allowance or bottle collecting, they would be an adult

Thanks for shopping, have a nice day !

Gibson SG Classic
Laguna LE 422
Dean Razorback
Washburn LK60PS
Fender Bass
Ibanez Acoustoc/Electric
Line 6 Spider III Amp

Quote by majorpain1023
I take it your in the 0-9?

Nope, I don't own a Razorback.

Quote by majorpain1023

But I didn't buy anything
Quote by majorpain1023
I have a Dean Razorback.... the guitar is just right, the case is just right.... This is a man's guitar, not meant for small children. It's got great action, great body style, great sound, I have no complaints, best guitar I own.

this is coming from a guy who owns a Line 6 Spider....
I shall say no more

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Quote by im_atheist
Anyone else agree?

Nope, the best guitar Dean make is the Hardtail or the Soltero (Spelling? lol)..

And i love the neck on my ML!!

Annnd, i bought a Dean ML having never heard of Dimebag and before Trivium started playing Deans...
Gear!

Guitars:
Dean Hardtail Select
Dean ML Platinum,
Tanglewood Odyssey Acoustic.

Amps:
Peavey Classic 30

Other Stuff I Use:
Boss ME-50
Blackstar HT-Distx

http://www.last.fm/user/TomWales/
Quote by im_atheist
this is coming from a guy who owns a Line 6 Spider....
I shall say no more

You "shall say no more" cuz you can't ! There is nothing wrong with Line 6 amps, I tryed several other brands before I chose the one I have, great amp, you get different sounds without having to stummble around 5 different pedals, goes great with my Drean Razorback

Gibson SG Classic
Laguna LE 422
Dean Razorback
Washburn LK60PS
Fender Bass
Ibanez Acoustoc/Electric
Line 6 Spider III Amp

Quote by majorpain1023
You "shall say no more" cuz you can't ! There is nothing wrong with Line 6 amps, I tryed several other brands before I chose the one I have, great amp, you get different sounds without having to stummble around 5 different pedals, goes great with my Drean Razorback

. . . Holy ****, you people amaze me. Are you tone-deaf perchance, my friend? Are you joking? Oh well, nevermind.

Razorbacks are overstyled IMHO. Good for the metal folk, I guess. In other words - it's plain ugly.

EDIT: Oh, wait... TEXAS. That explains it all. American. And I was thinking of going to Texas, the land of SRV and great blues. You just made me change my mind.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Last edited by binjajer at Feb 29, 2008,
i dont mind large guitars, i play an explorer (al beit epiphone) and it doesnt bother me. I think that people get sucked into buying the Razorbacks because it has dimes name on it. Personally i think the pickups would need a swap in them. Other than that, Deans are fine by me. Oh i love the Wizard II necks. absolutely perfect
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.
Quote by binjajer
. . . Holy ****, you people amaze me. Are you tone-deaf perchance, my friend? Are you joking? Oh well, nevermind.

Razorbacks are overstyled IMHO. Good for the metal folk, I guess. In other words - it's plain ugly.

EDIT: Oh, wait... TEXAS. That explains it all. American. And I was thinking of going to Texas, the land of SRV and great blues. You just made me change my mind.

Good .... We don't want your pollish azz here, like we need another freaken pollock! You probably can't get a visa anyway

Gibson SG Classic
Laguna LE 422
Dean Razorback
Washburn LK60PS
Fender Bass
Ibanez Acoustoc/Electric
Line 6 Spider III Amp

Hey don't they sell kona acoustics at fye or something? >.>
If people are asking you if a guitar is a keyboard.....I duno. Words can't describe the stupidity.
I don't even shred
Quote by majorpain1023

my Line 6 Spider II is in a landfill site somewhere in this country where it belongs.
You must be completely deaf to think they have "great tone".
Mind you from that information you probably read Kerrang! and wear a Trivium t-shirt with pride.
Even the Spider Valve amps are bad.
Come back with a Laney, Mesa/Boogie, Hughers & Ketner or an ENGL valve amp, tell me it has "great tone" and then I might believe you.
I think the real tech' heads on UG will make me up when I say my Laney LC50 Mark II > Your Line 6 Spider

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Quote by im_atheist
my Line 6 Spider II is in a landfill site somewhere in this country where it belongs.
You must be completely deaf to think they have "great tone".
Mind you from that information you probably read Kerrang! and wear a Trivium t-shirt with pride.
Even the Spider Valve amps are bad.
Come back with a Laney, Mesa/Boogie, Hughers & Ketner or an ENGL valve amp, tell me it has "great tone" and then I might believe you.
I think the real tech' heads on UG will make me up when I say my Laney LC50 Mark II > Your Line 6 Spider

Quoted for sheer unadluterated tr00f Greg

And hes right, Dean guitars are generally quite poor - although a majority of their Vs (especially the VMNT series) and their 1980 cadillacs are amazing.

ESP, Jackson and even Ibanez *shudders* are all better than most Deans.
Quote by postmortem2006
Quoted for sheer unadluterated tr00f Greg

And hes right, Dean guitars are generally quite poor - although a majority of their Vs (especially the VMNT series) and their 1980 cadillacs are amazing.

ESP, Jackson and even Ibanez *shudders* are all better than most Deans.

That's a crock of shit. Most of you guys are probably basing these arguments on the Razorback models. Furthermore, the Razorbacks aren't bad guitars either. I don't understand this whole 'Razorbacks are crap because I like to ride the bandwagon' thing. I'm willing to bet that most of the people who trash the guitar haven't played it or trash it for the looks.

Yes, Dean exploits Dimebag. Yes, they are overpriced. Oh well, big whoop, deal with it. It's not like it's the first time a guitar company overprices their guitars and exploits a big name.

Dean guitars aren't poor either. I've never had ONE Dean crap out on me. EVER. My Gibsons have crapped out on me, my Jackson has crapped out on me, my Fender has crapped out on me but not my Dean. My Dean is twenty years old too!

Even the newer Deans are great guitars so long as you guys actually look PAST the damn Razorbacks and actually take the time to PLAY the other guitars the company has to offer like the Soltero, V, ML, and Z guitars.

Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
That's a crock of shit. Most of you guys are probably basing these arguments on the Razorback models. Furthermore, the Razorbacks aren't bad guitars either. I don't understand this whole 'Razorbacks are crap because I like to ride the bandwagon' thing. I'm willing to bet that most of the people who trash the guitar haven't played it or trash it for the looks.

Yes, Dean exploits Dimebag. Yes, they are overpriced. Oh well, big whoop, deal with it. It's not like it's the first time a guitar company overprices their guitars and exploits a big name.

Dean guitars aren't poor either. I've never had ONE Dean crap out on me. EVER. My Gibsons have crapped out on me, my Jackson has crapped out on me, my Fender has crapped out on me but not my Dean. My Dean is twenty years old too!

Even the newer Deans are great guitars so long as you guys actually look PAST the damn Razorbacks and actually take the time to PLAY the other guitars the company has to offer like the Soltero, V, ML, and Z guitars.

Thank you the biggest problem i have with deans is their licensed Floyds.
Quote by Hitman 49
Thank you the biggest problem i have with deans is their licensed Floyds.

I hear you, that's why I get the hard tails!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I hear you, that's why I get the hard tails!

That's probably why I'll be getting the Stealth in the future.
Quote by Hitman 49
That's probably why I'll be getting the Stealth in the future.

Never got to try one of those out yet. No one stocks the Stealth here yet. If it's anything like the Washburn one I'll be rather happy. I think I'd rather have an ML though if I was going for that body shape.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by majorpain1023
So glad I'm that 1... I take it your in the 0-9? Where do you get your stats? Most childeren couldn't afford it.... Sorry I forgot about Mommy and Daddy. Let me rephrase that, most children couldn't afford to buy it on their own, and by the time they save up enough money from their allowance or bottle collecting, they would be an adult

Agree with you man. I was working damn whole summer 24/7 for this gear, and then some punk pops out and showing off with his parents cash and bought guitar on that cash.
And people who do not like, I dont give a sh1t I really dig V shape and I dig razorback shape and I am in love with Dean's neck, it is big and it is saying kinda like "Hey dude. I got kick azz guitar, ONLY for people who can handle it, heavy metal!" And am thinking to build my own custom razorback shape guitar. Why? I like V shape and i think all V-s are a bit too overused, and this one is original, picky, aggressive, like "dont care, play me or fock off"
Lazer LG-180A
Dean Razorback V 255 @ 18v MOD
Bugera 6262-212
ATH-M50
Vox amPlug Metal
Boss TU-80
Boss ML-2
RZBK V 255 build <5%, ideas>
OFFICIAL "DEAN PLAYERS UNITE" PLAYER #2
BUGERA USERS MILITIA...One of the first owners...
Quote by RockDJ
If you think Deans are 'big,' try walking around with a Bass.

Leave the fish out of this!
Quote by RockDJ

Dude with the headstocks on a dean its about the same size as a bass
Quote by RockDJ

dude basses arent THAT much bigger than NORMAL GUITARS basses just have longer necks...as for dean guitars they suck, there HUGE! and they play like crap and dime may have used it but can you think of any othe players of dean that are even decent players?
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Because I don't rock like Jack.
Quote by jackrocks4
dude basses arent THAT much bigger than NORMAL GUITARS basses just have longer necks...as for dean guitars they suck, there HUGE! and they play like crap and dime may have used it but can you think of any othe players of dean that are even decent players?

MAB, Rusty Cooley, ZZ top, I do believe Rhoads used them at a point and time, heart.

List goes on. Check the website.
I've got a big Epi V and people think I carry a bass around in my huge case (my guitar is, infact, bigger than my brother's bass)

Imagine carrying a Razorback bass. O_O
Quote by edusty2010
MAB, Rusty Cooley, ZZ top, I do believe Rhoads used them at a point and time, heart.

List goes on. Check the website.

ehh tuche with randy but everyone else used mostly gibson or fender i beleve
signatures suck...
Quote by Aramis
Because I don't rock like Jack.
MAB use to play Gibson, Ritz, and Dean. Now he only endorses Dean.

I honestly have no idea how Rusty got to dean, I really didn't start following him until recently

ZZ top used deans, they were the fuzzy ones

I know ONE (or atleast I thought one did) of the heart girls used Deans, I THINK (keyword, THINK) it was the lead guitarist, please correct me if I'm wrong.

And about the Razorback, you love them or you hate them. There isn't an in between. I really didn't like the Razorback's until I played one at guitar center, and those things SHRED. I don't care if it has a neck the size of a large ****ing puma, they're nice sounding guitars (IMO).

Yeah, the headstocks are big, but they're kinda cool that way. They kinda give a "If you don't like me, then **** you!" message to on lookers. Again, you love it, or you hate it.

Overall, I've loved every Dean I've played, but it's personal preference people. I mean, so many of you SWEAR by ibenez. I really, really, don't like them. The necks are too thin, it physically hurts my wrist playing them. It's all what feels good to you. If you think they're overpriced don't buy it or get it used. If you think they're big and cumbersome don't buy it. If you hate the headstock DON'T BUY IT. Purchase something that feels right for you, and accept that what feels right to you is not the alpha and omega of guitars.

In other words, keep and open mind... Now when someone says, "I got a lez pualz b/c they iz da bestez evers!", feel free to gag at their word vomit. If we're gonna fight about brands lets atleast be civil about it, just state what you like/don't like then all you other people return with the same thing (it's that simple, try it. It's more engaging than arguments.)... Fighting over the internet is pointless, boards are for discussion people.
Argh... I can't stand people who just put off the Razorback like it's crap. Play one before you judge it. They sound awesome. I played a Razorback for an hour and a Gibson, Fender and Bc Rich for a couple of minutes. I'm addicted to the Dean V neck also. I wish my MLX had one hahaha.
Page 1 of 2