They're not as bad as everyone claims they are.

One of my friends has that one, and it's decent for the price.

Not good by any means, but decent. I still wouldn't recommend one.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
My friend has one, I actually played it today, It sounded like the mids were scooped even though I had them at around 7 .
sigh...
Quote by enceps
My friend has one, I actually played it today, It sounded like the mids were scooped even though I had them at around 7 .

Yeah, I noticed that with the one my friend had.

I told him to give it some mids, and they were already almost all the way.

When he did, they came in kind of harshly. They didn't blend with everything else, they kinda stuck out like a sore thumb in the mix.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I got a Spider II awhile back when I started playing, I think it's fine for beginners but I hear ya, it just doesn't have that nice feel to it the classier amps do. That said this video just cracks me up:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JAzYYfRnFaY&feature=related

"I been playing guitar about 26 years, and, uh, do alot of session work around town. And I have my arsenal of amps I have to drag with me to every session. You know, a Vibro King and a Marshall stack, and I have to sit there and dial in a sound, which, you know, can take up to an hour. I plugged in the Spider III and pushed the Back In Black setting and I had my Marshall sound in one second."

So basically it took this guy 26 years to be able to program a Marshall sound ON A MARSHALL in one hour. I wonder how much he got paid to say that.
I have a Spider III, and yeah they're not as bad as everyone thinks. Obviously not amazing as my 120 watt was around 400 bucks, but they're ok for a student with a part time job who can't afford an amp that costs over a grand, grand and a half.
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?
They really aren't as bad as everyone thinks. The problem is most tone comes from your hands and people that suck make it sound bad. Proof you say?

For the most part I liked this tone. Only thing was the pinch harmonics were a little weak. Oh and every UG'ers favorite, active pickups out of a solid state amp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60jRs-YxI-o
Quote by Set-Abominae
I have a Spider III, and yeah they're not as bad as everyone thinks. Obviously not amazing as my 120 watt was around 400 bucks, but they're ok for a student with a part time job who can't afford an amp that costs over a grand, grand and a half.

It doesn't cost that much for good tone ever. No matter what you play. And your wattage doesn't make a difference apart from make **** tone sound louder.
Quote by Geartrigger
They really aren't as bad as everyone thinks. The problem is most tone comes from your hands and people that suck make it sound bad.

I'm not all that good at guitar. I aspire to be as good as Elvis Costello, Joe Strummer and Shane MacGowan, but I have good tone because of the amp I am using. I feel for superior guitarists who deserve great tone better than me but then it's their call when they want to believe that Line 6 will offer them the solution they are looking for with their Spider amps. It wouldn't be such a big deal if they didn't make them at more than 15watts but they are pulling peoples p*ssers if they think these amps are gigworthy, so why they go ahead making stack models et al just pisses me off.
Quote by mattvl
I got a Spider II awhile back when I started playing, I think it's fine for beginners but I hear ya, it just doesn't have that nice feel to it the classier amps do. That said this video just cracks me up:

"I been playing guitar about 26 years, and, uh, do alot of session work around town. And I have my arsenal of amps I have to drag with me to every session. You know, a Vibro King and a Marshall stack, and I have to sit there and dial in a sound, which, you know, can take up to an hour. I plugged in the Spider III and pushed the Back In Black setting and I had my Marshall sound in one second."

So basically it took this guy 26 years to be able to program a Marshall sound ON A MARSHALL in one hour. I wonder how much he got paid to say that.

Very convincing video, but I still think the Marshall MG's overdrive is much more CRUSHING.
It's not as bad as I thought it'd be, but it sounded really really trebly, though it could just be the camera mic.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by greggybhoy
I'm not all that good at guitar. I aspire to be as good as Elvis Costello, Joe Strummer and Shane MacGowan, but I have good tone because of the amp I am using. I feel for superior guitarists who deserve great tone better than me but then it's their call when they want to believe that Line 6 will offer them the solution they are looking for with their Spider amps. It wouldn't be such a big deal if they didn't make them at more than 15watts but they are pulling peoples p*ssers if they think these amps are gigworthy, so why they go ahead making stack models et al just pisses me off.

I agree with you on this point however I'm just saying that although the Line 6 Spider series amplifiers are only mediocre, they're a lot better than people here make them out to be.
You see kids who first start out going for the spider 75-120 watts. For some reason, they think they need all that power. You buy a new Spider 120 watter for what? $400? You can buy a used Fender Hot Rod Deville or Blues Deville for that price....WAY better...will sound a lot louder. But no....truth is...the begineers go for all the line 6 amps because of the onbaord effects and the flashyness of them. When they start getting better...they realize how much they suck...then sell them off.

If you're going to pay over $300 for an amp...don't get a crapp Line 6....buy used and get a great sounding amp!
2006 Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 10 Top w/birds
1999 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 10 Top w/ birds
Marshall JCM900 Half Stack
Jimi Hendrix Experience Pedal
Tech21 SansAmp GT2
Boss RC-2, AC-2, FZ-3, TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
BBE Sonic Maximizer
^+1 I gigged with a 120 watt SS Crate amp for a few years and recently got a Classic 30. I've been playing bigger shows than I had been recently and it works just as well and sounds better.
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
Quote by Geartrigger
They really aren't as bad as everyone thinks. The problem is most tone comes from your hands and people that suck make it sound bad. Proof you say?

For the most part I liked this tone. Only thing was the pinch harmonics were a little weak. Oh and every UG'ers favorite, active pickups out of a solid state amp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60jRs-YxI-o

ya they really arent that bad. i have a spider 3 30 watt and its pretty good for my first amp. I really want to get one of those huge marshall stacks but theyre so expensive.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Quote by mattvl

That's funny!

Session guys are paid by the hour. I guarantee you if any session guitarist takes an hour to dial in a Marshall sound on a Marshall, he isn't well employed.