Come on man, there's a Geico commercial with a 3 humbucker guitar in it. The one with Peter Frampton? It's a Les Paul Black Beauty, isn't it?
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
i know theres a model of the sg that has 3 pick ups, but i dunno if its good or bad
id assume it doesn't do harm, just adds the versatility of having a third pickup
but don't trust me, i dunno anything
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
les pauls have three pickups sometimes. there are also mini humbuckers you can put on strats
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
It has 22 frets, yes. If it has 24 and is not a baritone, the only way you can do it is by going H-S-H and putting a stacked humbucker in the middle.
Actually I've seen Ace Frehley play his sunburst Les Paul and that usually has the plated humbuckers. I'm not sure if one was fake or not though, because sometimes they smoked and sparked for effects.
PRS Chris Henderson signature model ftw
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Quote by nath1142
yes it is possible i've seen a guitar with 5humbuckers in it.

pics or it didn't happen.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by DAMONDUDE68
Actually I've seen Ace Frehley play his sunburst Les Paul and that usually has the plated humbuckers. I'm not sure if one was fake or not though, because sometimes they smoked and sparked for effects.

one was empty for a smokebomb
Quote by nath1142
yes it is possible i've seen a guitar with 5humbuckers in it.

Are you thinking of the Music Man Nigel Tufnel? That doesn't count as all the wood was routed out. CONVENTIONALLY you can only have 3 (this means 3 full sized humbuckers in proper routes). And RPGoof, those are 4 Singles on the blue one and 2 humbuckers and 2 singles on the Music Man
Quote by maidenpriest69

ah! yes, that's what I meant/ was thinking of.
!! i saw a guitar at the London guitar show, was some guys sig had like 9 single coils or something
Quote by CJRocker
Are you thinking of the Music Man Nigel Tufnel? That doesn't count as all the wood was routed out. CONVENTIONALLY you can only have 3 (this means 3 full sized humbuckers in proper routes). And RPGoof, those are 4 Singles on the blue one and 2 humbuckers and 2 singles on the Music Man

Well, the same pickup configuration could be dropped into a swimming pool rout, could it not?

Oh, before I forget- This is it: Mr. Horsepower!

(But it has four hummers, not five)
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Feb 28, 2008,
Quote by NoobOnZone
yeah..i an epiphone guitar with 3 humbuckers...but it had lightning inlays...

i froze when i saw it...

That'd be the Ace Frehley sig then
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by RPGoof
Why have 3 when you can have four?

whoa!
Ibanez RG2EX2 (w. EMG 81/85)
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60w DSP Tube
Ashdown Fallen Angel 412 Cab
Quote by DAMONDUDE68

no all three are Dimarzio DP100

Quote by maidenpriest69

thats only for when he plays the solo. the solo has 3 working pickups

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Last edited by KISSguitarist at Feb 29, 2008,
Quote by cap'n curry
i know theres a model of the sg that has 3 pick ups, but i dunno if its good or bad

I've got a 3-humbucker faded special, I love it because it gives me the neck/middle position.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb