Okay, I saw a Gibson Les Paul for sale. It was a alpine white with the gold hardware and it had the dot inlays. Now, the thing is, on the for sale page, it says that it's an alder body with a rosewood fretboard when I'm pretty damn sure it's a mahogany body with an ebony fretboard, can anyone help me out? Anyone know if Gibson ever made an alder bodies Les Paul studio in 1989 with a rosewood fretboard rather than an ebony fretboard which is what the alpine white Les Paul Studios are supposed to come with?
send the link
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
I'd contact the seller to see if it was a typo or the guitar is just a fake (unless a Les Paul with an alder body actually exists and I don't know about it).
Alder body - no. Rosewood fretboard - yes. Dot inlays... hmm, I know they did those on the DC Studio but not sure about the LP.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
I've seen a bunch of Gibson Les Paul "Specials" on my local craigslist. The ones I've seen look similar to Studios, except with Dot inlays.

Heres a link:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/msg/589007616.html

But they include a link to Musiciansfriend and it shows that it was the Gibson Les Paul Special Faded series, which I'm not familiar with.

But I duno, its just an idea.