Well for a metalcore sound, you might want to try the metalcore pedal,, just a thought. The wah on that thing though is going to be mediocore. Your money is better invested in an actual wah.
sigh...
It's best if you buy individual pedals instead of multis. some multis dont have a good tone quality, but try it out anyways and see if you like.
No, the wah will be crap. Any multi-effects at that price will be crap.

Honestly, just go for seperate pedals. It's worth it. Maybe the Weeping Demon by Ibanez would be good for you.
Quote by KetchupLad14
No, the wah will be crap. Any multi-effects at that price will be crap.

Honestly, just go for seperate pedals. It's worth it. Maybe the Weeping Demon by Ibanez would be good for you.

Absolutely not. The Weeping Demon is an extreme tone sucker, completely horridendous tone too.

NO!!!!
Last edited by DiMeTiMe at Feb 27, 2008,
the me-20 isnt bad. but for 100 bucks more (maybe less if you haggle the gc guy) you can get the me-50 with imo waaaaaaaaay better features, more features, better wah, volume, etc.

Guitars:
1998 Gibson SG-X Carribean Blue
Dean Avalanche
Amps:
Marshall JCM900 SL-X Head w/ Orange 212 Cab
JMF 120T Vintage
Fender 212DSP
Pedals:
Fulltone OCD, TC Electronics Flashback Delay, MXR Classic Overdrive, TC Electronics Polytune
Quote by DiMeTiMe

Absolutely not. The Weeping Demon is an extreme tone sucker,

:

well it can be tied in with all boss pedals then

seriously TS I wouldn't buy a boss multieffects because all boss pedals need to be run through a line selector pedal or something to prevent the tone suck they have when they are bypassed.

You'll likely leave one effect (compressor or od) on all the time, and consistently have to settle for a brutal attack on your tone.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
well it can be tied in with all boss pedals then

seriously TS I wouldn't buy a boss multieffects because all boss pedals need to be run through a line selector pedal or something to prevent the tone suck they have when they are bypassed.

You'll likely leave one effect (compressor or od) on all the time, and consistently have to settle for a brutal attack on your tone.

Biased much?
Quote by DiMeTiMe

Absolutely not. The Weeping Demon is an extreme tone sucker, completely horridendous tone too.

NO!!!!

GEEEZZZ. I'm sorry, I didn't know what other wahs, people seem to like that one for heavier stuff, so I figured it was a good recomendation.

To be honest with you, I was going to say "To be honest, I've never actually heard a good metalcore tone at all in my entire life" but I didn't want to be genre-biased.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
Biased much?

hey! I'm not diagreeing with you, I'm just saying that boss pedals suck tone, they do. I use a few because I like what they can do, and I'm not going to get rid of them, but they suck tone, and I'm going to have to spend a little cash to get a nice quiet line selector switch because of it.

I wouldn't buy a boss multieffect, because I'm sure I'd have at least one of the effects on all the time, therefore I could never bypass it with a line selector and my tone would be suffering all the time, even when I'm not using an effect that will cover up some of the tone suckage.

Sure it's a bias, but it's one I've developed from experience and it's a reasonable one. I take it into account when picking pedals, I still buy boss, but you can bet I wouldn't get a boss comp or eq, and leave a boss pedal in the loop all the time. (though I wouldn't buy an eq pedal or most comps anyway )
Quote by KetchupLad14
GEEEZZZ. I'm sorry, I didn't know what other wahs, people seem to like that one for heavier stuff, so I figured it was a good recomendation.

To be honest with you, I was going to say "To be honest, I've never actually heard a good metalcore tone at all in my entire life" but I didn't want to be genre-biased.

LOL! It's okay!
Quote by DiMeTiMe

NO!!!!

Hence the auto- off, weeping demon is true bypass, so when it's off it doesn't suck up the tone.
sigh...