Lead!
178 49%
Rhythm!
109 30%
Butter!
79 22%
Voters: 366.
Page 1 of 3
Simple question. If given the chance, would you rather play lead guitar or rhythm guitar in a band? I personally would pick rhythm, as i like playing chords and generally keeping in time...plus if i mess up there is a less likely chance of people noticing.

poll up.
I like playing Rhythm. But I'd love to do leads because it really steals the show.

I really want to do vocals though!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I like lead, but rhythm is more important.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

i love playing lead
but i also like rhythm
sometimes i like rhythm more because if i cant play an epic solo ill come up with weird rhythm patterns
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Rythm if i get to sing
If I dont get to sing lead (though i'd probably alternate with the other guitarist anyway)
Quote by TheOperator
Rhythm if i get to sing
If I dont get to sing lead (though i'd probably alternate with the other guitarist anyway)

Me too. My role in my band is Rhythm+lead vocals, but I do take solos on the songs that I wrote.
Quote by NightEmbers
Dual Guitarist baby gurl

Harmonies non stop, dissonance from hell

and take turns Soloing, you cant go wrong

Yup. I play dual roles as well. Its how it should be.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

most blues bands only have one guitar, so, both?
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by NightEmbers
Dual Guitarist baby gurl

Harmonies non stop, dissonance from hell

and take turns Soloing, you cant go wrong

\m/
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I said butter because I like both. I have never played with another guitarist who can competently solo so I play a lot of lead but rhythm could sure mix it up.
lead cause i'm not that good with chords
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
It's all guitar.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
I'm assuming that by "butter" you meant "bass." I love playing bass. Guitar is great for showing off and for being loud and up front and whatnot, but I'm not that type of guy. I like being the subtle driving force behind the music. I don't necessarily need recognition, so bass is best for me.
I'll take rhythm mostly cause I've never really worked on soloing much. I'm starting to solo more lately. I can almost play the 2nd solo in 3's and 7's. (yeah, I know I suck but I can keep a great rhythm)
lol butter...
i'd play lead because i'd be an attention *****
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
I would choose lead simply because from what I have seen,
lead guitarists just get more to experiment with.

I did join our school's Jazz Choir this year though and have a whole new appreciation for Rhythm guitar and I actually really like playing rhythm,
but I am much more interested in experimentation.
Both
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Both.

As a jazz guitarist, I'm expected to be able to be good at comping and be able to play the melodies/harmonies as well as solo improv.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i picked rhythm as its what i play in the band i am in!

i like both really. cos at the moment i play rhythm but also get to solo at points as well so its all good for me!
Lead because you can do silly faces and ponce about while doing teh emotional solos.
lead: i love showing off what i can do.

why would anyone pick rhythm? its for the players who suck.

generally, the order that the band members pick the girls is:
guitarist
bassist
keys (if applicable)
drums

but the rhythm guitar is last of all..... or maybe before drums.... ...

um anyway, yeah, lead is just the best.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Rhythm + vocals = better than solos.

At least that's the maths I learned.

That pretty much sums it up.
Bass.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
lead makes people go woah but i like rhythm more. awesome heavy riffs > super fast barely melodic solos.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
I play lead in my band, so I guess lead?

But I like playing both, and I'm good at both so...
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
I like both, but i prefer lead. It all depends on how technical the riffs and the solos are. If the riffs are fast and furious and I'm not skilled enough for the solo, I definitely like rythm over solo, and the other way around. Haha! x)

But overall I prefer lead a little more, because there is so much to experiment, and many effects you can have a lot of fun with! For example the Whammy and Reverse effects. You also get to rape your whammy bar...
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Page 1 of 3