Hey Im tuning my guitar and right now im in standard tuning. I want to tune down to:

C# so would I need to loosen or tighten the spring tension? Do I need to even do that at all?

I think Im just gonna loosen all my stings and tune up to C# and see if the bridge stays level.

Any suggestions?

thanks
your bridge will sink into the body
youll probably need to remove a spring completely
otherwise you need to loosen the springs in the back until the bridge is level
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
its not good for your guitar to just tune down without it being set up i dont think. I think its throws off the intonation.
Quote by sk8rMeTaLhEaD27
its not good for your guitar to just tune down without it being set up i dont think. I think its throws off the intonation.

if hes just tuning down one and a half steps it wont make a difference in his intonation, unless its a completely ****ty guitar
ive tuned my floyd guitar down to B standard and the intonation stayed perfect
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Its a jackson DXMG, yeah so Im gonna try and take off one spring and then get the bridge level then tune up to C#! Any more info would be appreciated.
haha alright got it! I just loosened the Spring tension and it work out perfect. Just used the fine tuning to make some small adjustments. Also I used AP tuner which worked very well! So thanks for the help