Anyone ever play their guitar, practice this new riff you really like, and seem to have trouble? You try practicing for like 3 hours and after a while you start here it clearly but not 100%. You're doing the rhythm right but screwing up lots of notes.

So, you put your guitar down, and go to bed b/c it's pretty much the end of the night and your done. You wake up the next morning and put your guitar over your shoulder and try to play that same riff again. AND WTF!!! Holy crap, all of a sudden it sounds so good that you would play it confidently at a gig. There is pretty much no difference in tone, rhythm, notes, nothing, it sounds perfect.

Now, to the point of this thread, does anyone have a logical explanation for that? :-)

Just an interesting thought, maybe someone has a technical answer for it as to why that happens in our brain or fingers or whatever.

Thanks UG!!!
I thought you meant "ha-ha" funny, not "hmm" funny.
I hope it's cold, everyday, where you are.
...tired the night before?
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
Your Body Has Had Time To Rest On It
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
I find that that happens to me all the time. I have heard it referred to as "Guerrilla Practicing", where you practice something till you screw it up sooo bad, go away for like ten minutes, and thencome back and the thing you just practiced has miraculously become easier to play.
It cause when you sleep your brain processes what you learned that day.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
its because your brain takes awhile to comprehend information after you learn it. So, as soon as you learn something it won't be as easy as after you've given your brain awhile to take in the info.
Up the Punx!
hmm... they say you should study a little bit right before you go to sleep, maybe there is some correlation?

Slightly off topic, when Im about to drift off, in that semi-conscious semi-unconscious state, I often hear, or I guess compose, music. Ranging from techno beats, metal, and classical.... I think about waking up and trying to express the ideas, but I know that I can't so I just lay there and enjoy them while I can.
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi
Quote by etays69
Anyone ever play their guitar, practice this new riff you really like, and seem to have trouble? You try practicing for like 3 hours and after a while you start here it clearly but not 100%. You're doing the rhythm right but screwing up lots of notes.

So, you put your guitar down, and go to bed b/c it's pretty much the end of the night and your done. You wake up the next morning and put your guitar over your shoulder and try to play that same riff again. AND WTF!!! Holy crap, all of a sudden it sounds so good that you would play it confidently at a gig. There is pretty much no difference in tone, rhythm, notes, nothing, it sounds perfect.

Now, to the point of this thread, does anyone have a logical explanation for that? :-)

Just an interesting thought, maybe someone has a technical answer for it as to why that happens in our brain or fingers or whatever.

Thanks UG!!!

did that with sweeping, learning Thunderhorse, Unas the Slayer of Gods, and like every other song i know