ok im getting a new guitar and amp and im stuck between 2 for both

amps:

im stuck between a peavey valveking 112 and a 500 dollar randall half stack

guitars:

im stuck between a MIM hss strat and a 300 dollar jackson randy rhoads v

I play alot of different stuff from metal and metalcore to classic rock like zepplin and what not.

i already have a esp kh-202 running it through a crate 15w and using a metal muff

ive played the valveking and liked it but ive heard great things about the randall half stack my worry is that its solid state though and the valveking is tube and idk what to do, the guitars are a lil less important than the amp because im partial to getting the strat for a yngwie type tone in the neck by getting a malmsteen pickup and putting a high gain bucker in the bridge but i dont want to rule out the jackson wich costs less and still plays nice.
Quote by Pizza The Hut
The Jackson + Valve King.

+1
Or try and find a Randall RG30 combo
ohai little sig.
Definitely the ValveKing no matter what, and if you like metal and metalcore get the Jackson.
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

id say defenitley tube amp over SS any day. but it really comes down to personal preference in tone. as for the two guitars...i think for what you want to play there are many better guitars out there in that price range that are better. (Schecter, Ibanez, etc.)
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
i'm not sure, i think the strat is the overall nicer guitar, but it only has 21 frets, which really bugs me.

the valveking would be the way to go i think
someone said just throw a new humbucker in my kh which is also an option so since alot favor the jackson which should i do get the new guitar or put an emg 81 or duncan blackouts in my kh?
how about some blackouts? they're supposed to be very good, but i'm not sure, you could always just slap some EMG's in it, i don't like how they sound in basswood though
Quote by rrhoads47
someone said just throw a new humbucker in my kh which is also an option so since alot favor the jackson which should i do get the new guitar or put an emg 81 or duncan blackouts in my kh?

A $300 Jackson isn't gonna be a huge improvement upon a KH-202. Just put a pair of EMGs or Blackouts in it, save the rest or put it towards either a better amp than the VK-112 or an OD for it.