I play guitar and sing for a band with my best friend (the drummer) and this other kid a year older than me whos house we play at (bass). We have only been together 8 months but I think we are sonding really good. Anyway the bass player just called me up and told me that him and the drummer want to get this kid to sing for us and have me just play guitar. The thing is... my parents have been paying for vocal lessons for me for over a year at $15 a lesson. And apparently this new singer is gonna scream too and I hate screamo! Even though I prostested the new member, my two friends just say 'well take it or leave it' as in if I dont want this new kid they will find another guitarist. So i feel like quitting but I dont think im skilled enough at guitar to start a solo career. What should I do?
I'd say leave them and practice some more and people will find out how awesome you are at singing and guitar and you will be all set man.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
try it for a bit, see how it goes. and i wouldn't recoment going solo, just find a new band if you are going to quit, but like i said, at least practice a bit with this guy see how he is
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Look for another band asap. if it isnt fun to you anymore then it isnt worth it in the end.
Give it a chance, if not just get a different band. If you can sing well I'm sure you won't have a hard time finding another one.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
I say at least try him and then when he sucks quit and go folk.

+1

Quote by Beakwithteeth
go folk.

+1000000000,00000000,00
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Metal_Hed_23, will you marry me?

Quote by drewfromutah
If she takes her pill properly and you still pill out or use a condom, just quit having sex altogether. The damn pill was built so that you can ride bareback and film your own creampie movies afterwards.
Since when did screaming automatically make a band screamo?

Your mind is like a parachute, it works better when it is open! Go listen to some metalcore/nu-metal if you are not into metal, and then move onto melodeath. Trust me, you will be happy you did. Open your mind.
Quote by Masonpwiley

Your mind is like a parachute, it works better when it is open!

Beer commercials FTW!
Maybe you guys could do like a balance of growls and singing. There are a few bands that sound good I can think of like that. Check out Extol.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER