Allright, I have a Zoom G7.1ut pedal and all I want to do is record me playing some riffs with Cubase sx3. I have it hooked up directly to the back of my computer yet I can't configure cubase to record from that source, can anyone help me? I'm running on windows xp btw. If you need more info just ask. Thanks guys
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Blue Royale
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
Well, I don't use Cubase, but on the Windows side the first thing to check would be if the OS actually recognizes the G7 as a device. Also get the latest drivers for it.

Also, the pedal should come with Cubase LE. Is that not good enough?

Are you sure the pedal will work with other software?

EDIT: Nice avatar. You still play?
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Actually I'm just hooking it up through the mono port, it has firewire but I haven't even tried that, but I'll give it a shot, thanks, and Cubase LE wasn't what it was cracked up to be, it'll record, but it'll only let me master it about 20 times before I have to upgrade to some other version =\. And no I don't play anymore, but I'm about to install it today once I get the new omega drives =p
Axes
Peavey V-Type NTB ST
Peavey PXD 23 II
Jackson JS32T
Ibanez RG 1570
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Blue Royale
ESP LTD EX-50

Amps & Effects
Mesa Boogie Nomad 55
Boss Katana KTN-Head
Roland JC-120
Boss GT-100
Boss ME-80
Zoom G5
So you're going in through the line in or mic port? If so that's a whole different monster. Since I've never used the line in or mic on my creative card I'll let someone else pipe in on that.

Try using the the USB or Firewire connection (which ever the G7 has) and get it working that way. You'll get much better sounding recrdings that way.

PS - Orange box yet?
Made up statistic
Quote by Pyrax87
Actually I'm just hooking it up through the mono port, it has firewire but I haven't even tried that, but I'll give it a shot, thanks, and Cubase LE wasn't what it was cracked up to be, it'll record, but it'll only let me master it about 20 times before I have to upgrade to some other version =\. And no I don't play anymore, but I'm about to install it today once I get the new omega drives =p

Let me get this straight...you have Cubase LE which came with your pedal, but since you can't figure out how to get any more than 20 MP3's out of it, you downloaded a cracked version of SX 3 and now want help with it, right?

Tony
^To be fair, it's pretty tight that they don't allow more than 20 exports, in software that came with his equipment. It's not what I would have expected when I bought it, and I'm pretty sure that my version of Cubase LE doesn't do it.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by fridge_raider
^To be fair, it's pretty tight that they don't allow more than 20 exports, in software that came with his equipment. It's not what I would have expected when I bought it, and I'm pretty sure that my version of Cubase LE doesn't do it.

I have a paid for version of Cubase SE3 and that is all the MP3 exports you get out of the box without buying the exporter package. That being said, there are no restrictions on WAV exports and I just do that and use Audacity to make my MP3's

Piece of pie as they say in America

Tony
Last edited by TSMusic at Feb 29, 2008,
Quote by TSMusic
I have a paid for version of Cubase SE3 and that is all the MP3 exports you get out of the box with buying the exporter package. That being said, there are no restrictions on WAV exports and I just do that and use Audacity to make my MP3's

Piece of pie as they say in America

Tony

I use Cakewalk Music Creator 3 and their mp3's are limited out of the box as well. You actually have to pay for an additional plugin to get support for direct export to mp3. It only cost $40 USD so my expectations weren't that high to begin with. Other than that and the limit on the number of VST's you can use at any given time is the only complaints I have. It's actually a good piece of software for the small amount of money it costs.

I use the same method quoted. I export to RIFF Wav format and use a wav to mp3 converter to get the mp3 desired.

DS
Made up statistic
Well, in the case it wouldn't bother me in the slightest, because I always convert to .mp3 with a converter afterwards anyway, if I want it in .mp3.
There is poetry in despair.