Hey guys! Heres a guitar solo I made a video out of a few minutes ago. I got a little sloppy at some parts, but I think it turned out all right. The concept is from a "Mayday Parade" (new wave emo band) song but I changed it up a little bit and added some things here and there. Anyways, PLLLEEAAASE let me know what you think! I read all the comments posted on my threads, so feel free to say anything as long as its honest.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wLv2wEMlYYw
why are you calling this "OMG MOST BEAUTIFUL GUITAR SOLO EVERRRR"

when it isn't that great.
I don't like it.
:X
its good but not to sound like an asshole and if i am dont take it the wrong way, i think one of ur strings was out of tune
Sounds pretty good man, keep up the good work, maybe try writing a backing rhythem to it or something for fun
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
Quote by TechnicolorType
why are you calling this "OMG MOST BEAUTIFUL GUITAR SOLO EVERRRR"

when it isn't that great.
I don't like it.
:X

U put one up, and make it better than his then.
-Mike Tyson
someone needs a little humility in their lives... but the solo was ok... i dig it... needs to be polished though
Meh. Would have sounded much better with a backing track. I personally play a lot of solos over loops recorded on my RC-2. It really adds a lot of life to the solo, because its a lot harder to establish the key of a solo without a rhythm guitar or backing track. You have to rely on pedal tones or some major repetition, and even then it doesn't sound as good.
As far as the sound goes, it sounded a little rough; i was pretty much wincing as I listened. The tone was off.
Not the best solo ever by far, but a good try. It's a great idea to ask for criticism like you did, but don't expect it to be all good... Keep up the hard work.

---------------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA

He's asking for crit you moron.
I'm entitled to an opinion.
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA

The guy asked for criticism. If he asks for criticism, we all have the right to dish it out to him.

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Quote by TechnicolorType
He's asking for crit you moron.
I'm entitled to an opinion.

Yeah i know so tell him what u didnt like about it and what he needs to improve rather than just say boo i didnt like it and draw faces
-Mike Tyson
Thanks guys. For the record, I really only called it "the most beautiful guitar solo of all time" to get some extra views. I guess Ill change the title, since it obviously isnt true. I think Ill take your advice and use a backing track next time though. One question though:

As far as the sound goes, it sounded a little rough; i was pretty much wincing as I listened. The tone was off.

Im not sure what you mean. Personally, I love the tone. Im playing through a marshall tube half stack, it doesnt get much better then that. Maybe it was just how it came through your computer speakers? Or just the fact that I recorded it on a camcorder I bought at costco? lol. I can assure you though, if you heard this rig in real life you wouldnt wince.
Then I think it must have been one of your stings was out of tune. Somebody else above me said that. I really had trouble pinpointing what sounded weird, but that mught have been it. Also, just fyi, the amp is not solely responsible for the tone. Any great guitarist will tell you its you playing style-every subtle nuance in the way you play the guitar- that truly defines your tone. With that said, I would suggest some vibrato on some of the longer notes to add a bit more "feel" to them.
Again, keep up the hard work.

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Your B string out of tune, a little flat i believe. also work on the bends. Keep workin at it though.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA
Yeah i know so tell him what u didnt like about it and what he needs to improve rather than just say boo i didnt like it and draw faces

Most of the time there's reasons why it needs improvement, but for this one.. my only reason is I don't think it sounds good.. doesn't flow too well.. kind of annoying at times..
and that's all there is to it.
1. You think a lot of yourself

2. Tune your guitar

3. It sounds more like a riff rather than a solo at the beginning

4. I congratulate you for trying.

5. keep up trying

Over and out
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
COuld be very good. needs work and a backing track. yes your outta tune. and your tones a bit shrill. work on the bends and vibrato I think thats it.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13046118#post13046118
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era