doing a speech tomorrow on heavy metal, Black sabbath is said to be the first metal band right? Detuned guitar, did they first base it on blues music but with detuned guitar?
LOL
Black Sabbath didnt detune until 3rd album. and yes, Heavy Metal was influenced by blues. dont forget to mentions like Zeppelin, Deep Purple, etc.
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
i did a report on punk rock last year. bull ****ted my way through the whole thing. no ones gonna know the difference unless theyre metal experts of course.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
sabbath is ten times metal-er than AC/DC
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
the blues note (flat fifth), was considered blasphemous in medieval times. if you accidentally played that note in church, you would be executed. black sabbath decided to emphasize it on the song black sabbath's opening riff.
Quote by hightension01
depends some say Ac/Dc invented metal

which is some major BS

Some people are idiots.

I love AC\DC. But, they never wrote a single song that I would consider classifying as anything other than Rock n' Roll.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by wrathofthenorse
the blues note (flat fifth), was considered blasphemous in medieval times. if you accidentally played that note in church, you would be executed. black sabbath decided to emphasize it on the song black sabbath's opening riff.

You mean the tritone? yea
Quote by zanz1bar
Black Sabbath didnt detune until 3rd album. and yes, Heavy Metal was influenced by blues. dont forget to mentions like Zeppelin, Deep Purple, etc.

i consider Zeppelin mostly Hard Rock, and Deep Purple is metal but the class doesn't really know.
LOL