Hey everyone. My friend is thinking about getting a Music Man Sterling for his next bass guitar. He wants to get Music Man Sterling that looks like the one this guy is playing in these pics:

My question is- What colour is that Music Man Sterling bass guitar in the above photos? (I’m assuming it’s the same guitar in both.)

He and I think the colour is either Medallion Gold or Translucent Gold.

Which do you guys think it is? Can anyone help?

I would greatly appreciate some input. Thanks in advance!

By the way, here’s the link to all the various Music Man Sterling finishes:
http://www.ernieball.com/mmonline/color_chart/color_chart.html
Call me crazy, but I thinkt the one on the right is Natural.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
its trans gold. medallion gold is more of an actual gold if you know what i mean.
yea my stinger is the same color its trans gold

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Quote by damienblack333
i'd get the one on the right

me too, i have a weak spot for good wood grain

one day my love....
Translucent Gold is translucent and medallion gold is a solid color maybe metallic like I believe. Translucent gold looks better I think.
Holy jesus... another thread on colors?!?!?

And I agree with Fitz - the one on the right is probably natural, but the warm lighting makes it look more golden.
I'm with fitz, I think they're both natural. The picture on the left is just hard to tell, but if they're the same bass, the one on the right is natural I'm pretty sure.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Nope natural is just that: natural. if you look at the warm lighting, then fretboard is lighter than the body. where as in this pic it matches

It is definitely transparent gold:
Last edited by terb at Feb 28, 2008,
Quote by terb
Nope natural is just that: natural. if you look at the warm lighting, then fretboard is lighter than the body. where as in this pic it matches

Ok, I admit defeat. Good call
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by terb

It is definitely transparent gold:

Pretty conclusive. However, my guess may have something to do with the fact that I didn't know that gold colour existed!

But yeah, as sure as shit, it's transparent gold.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..