Hi i was wondering if theres a way that i can take the insturements out of songs, or a program that makes the beat of the singing so that i can play the guitar in place of it. thank you
Afraid not. Some bands, however, do produce backing tracks for that very reason. Some people do instrumental covers you may be able to use. Just have a good look around - what song is it exactly you would like to play along to?
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
I have the same question. The best thing I can say to do is to play along to it on an Ihome or something like that.
there are some websites that do mp3 backing tracks for songs. can't think of them off-hand though.
My best advice is to get Guitar Pro. No you won't be playing along with the bands actual song, but many GP tabs have all the instruments accounted for. You can turn off or lower the volume of any instrument you want to minimize. Works great.
2 options:

1 - Hope www.guitarbt.com has the song you want.

2 - Suck it up and play with the original.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
depends on the type of File.....MIDI files do

.....also Guitar Pro and PowerTabs....

but neverheard of MP3,WMA, or other files
....so little time.
Quote by DukeLP
Hi i was wondering if theres a way that i can take the insturements out of songs, or a program that makes the beat of the singing so that i can play the guitar in place of it. thank you

Try Guitar Pro 5.

You can turn up/down/off any instruments, you can play by watching tabs or notes on a fret, you can slow down sections to learn them slow then speed them up again, you can play sections in a loop. It's a hugely versatile programme.

There's THOUSANDS of tracks available for it too, I had to keep it on an external hard-drive.

http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php

DISCLAIMER: I am not affilliated with this software in anyway, I've just used it and found it beneficial
There is a program called Audacity (that many people probably already know of) but with that it is possible to take the vocals completely out of the song because of the place in the song. I guess if you did the steps backwards, you can take the instruments out. I'm just guessing though.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/manual-1.2/faq.html

^ It's #2 on the green part ("Using Audacity").
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Epiphone Studio 10S Practice Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
Vox V847 (NOT V847A) Wah Pedal
DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion