Take it to a scrap yard for CASH. Whats wrong with it? UG has a loc of excellent mechanics. Maybe we can help you.
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
I once knew a girl who ate lemons whole. She brought them in her lunch.

This is related.
Quote by Sooopo

This is related.

i eat apples whole on a regular basis, also related
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
you can donate it to goodwill and get a pretty sizeable tax write off. My family has done that with 2 or 3 cars.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by Sooopo

This is related.

wow...just wow....
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Quote by Ehh
Take it to a scrap yard for CASH. Whats wrong with it? UG has a loc of excellent mechanics. Maybe we can help you.

Just as UG has doctors, psychologists, ppl to deal with the "oh n0ez, my...
•gf dumped me
•I ****ed up big time
•etc.
...threads. The Pit is not your help desk.
DIO FOREVER
Quote by Sooopo

This is related.

I want the pear!

A belt with the water pump wore down, and I didn't realize, causing my engine to seize. And I'm pretty sure that a 1993 Pontiac Grand Am with numerous dents and only worth a $1000 has run its course. I think I'm going to have to put it down
Quote by Sooopo

This is related.
I'm trying to make some good innuendo out of this, but I can;t find anything. :/
Quote by Megallica666
girls and lemons are always related. you are a very wise man.

why do I laugh hysterically everytime you post?
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by fattypaty105
I want the pear!

A belt with the water pump wore down, and I didn't realize, causing my engine to seize. And I'm pretty sure that a 1993 Pontiac Grand Am with numerous dents and only worth a $1000 has run its course. I think I'm going to have to put it down

Depending on scrap prices, you will get more money taking it to a scrap yard than donating it for a tex right off. What happened is your engine overheated, causing extreme temperatures, enough to melt your piston to your cylinder walls. Your head gasket is probably blown, head warped, and with all of that coolant now inside the motor, your bearings will spin within a few months of running it. Although, that isnt possible since it seized. Either find a new motor for it, or scrap it and get anywhere from 150 - 350 cash for it.
Quote by Ehh
Depending on scrap prices, you will get more money taking it to a scrap yard than donating it for a tex right off. What happened is your engine overheated, causing extreme temperatures, enough to melt your piston to your cylinder walls. Your head gasket is probably blown, head warped, and with all of that coolant now inside the motor, your bearings will spin within a few months of running it. Although, that isnt possible since it seized. Either find a new motor for it, or scrap it and get anywhere from 150 - 350 cash for it.

Alright thanks, I was just wondering if it would be better to donate it for the tax deduct, or send it to a junk yard.
Quote by 60CycleHum
Just as UG has doctors, psychologists, ppl to deal with the "oh n0ez, my...
•gf dumped me
•I ****ed up big time
•etc.
...threads. The Pit is not your help desk.

The pit is whatever the people make of it, it's not up to you nor I nor anyone for that matter ( not including the UG team, of corse) to decide what the pit is.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Quote by fattypaty105
Alright thanks, I was just wondering if it would be better to donate it for the tax deduct, or send it to a junk yard.

You will probably get less for it in a junk yard than a scrap yard. A junk yard offered my buddy a 100 bucks for his '97 VW Golf, and it was in pretty decent condition. The scrap yard at the time, when scrap prices were decent, would have given him about 300, since it was a pretty heavy car.
Quote by Ehh

the tax write off is a pecentage of the blue book value, i think like 30%. Plus they tow it away for free. Up to you which is better.
TheBurningFish wrote:

Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by emr_steelmech
you can donate it to goodwill and get a pretty sizeable tax write off. My family has done that with 2 or 3 cars.

When I read your location I said to myself "God, I hope he's not the idiot who spray painted that on the bridge in Genoa." But, then I realized you're in Chicago
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I like lemonparty
McLovin is my hero!

It's not the going that the pit cares about.
It's the coming.