Basically, this thread is a pile of text walls, whatever you call them. I've seen too many threads where a situation is described, and people flame them for putting in too much text. If you're not going to help, please don't bother posting.

If you've got a story to tell here, tell it to whatever extent you wish to. Tell about your childhood, some problems you have, whatever. If you need some consolations, I'll be glad to give them out.

Without further ado, here's my story: (I'm leaving out birth, ect. Just focusing on main details)

Basically, I had a normal childhood up until age 5, when my father had his stroke. Up until then, my dad was a county commissioner, and a damn good one at that*. He put in a park in our city, and put the Garcon Pointe Bridge to transit between Gulf Breeze and Milton. Anyways, my father had neglected to inform my mother that he had diabetes. When I was 5, he was at the park he put in, examining a project he was undergoing to add more trees to the park. When getting out of his car, he suddenly fell to the ground, and was taken to the hospital, where he spent 3 months in intensive care for the stroke. Afterwards, it took 2 years of physical therapy to help him even partially walk again. However, the left side of his body was dead, so he always walked lopsided.
Now, I entered Kindergarten at 3, earliest among any of my friends (ex friends) after skipping Preschool. After earning the Presidential award in 5th grade, I went to middle school. There, two hurricanes knocked down my house, and without my father to help fix things, I had to learn to to deal with real money, in order to cope with the insurance company. I graduated Valedictorian from my 8th grade class, with another Presidential Award.
First year in High School, I go out with the first girl I've ever felt a connection with. By the end of my Junior year, I had taken the SAT and received a 1600 as a top score on it.
By this time, my father's health was steadily declining. I had to wake up early each morning to clean him, and since the 7th grade I've had to give him baths, because my mom didn't have time. When I was a Senior, I got my driver's license. I also got my first (and last) car. Two months into school, and two months after I got my car, on September 11th, the day after his birthday, he got into my car, forgetting he was unable to drive (Alzheimer's) and crashed into a tree 5 seconds after leaving my house, killing himself instantly.

Graduation day. I am awarded Valedictorian, and am recognized for achievements in this and that. I also received a five-hundred thousand dollar scholarship through ROTC to MIT, without any service due to a military branch. I saw my girlfriend, who I had been with for 4 years, never had sex with, and loved to death, the last time 5 days after graduation, when we went to a movie together. It was the first time I've ever cried into her shoulder.

So I enter college. Get a BS. Get a Master of Engineering. Now 3 months away from my PhD. Mom's still alive, so is my brother. I had to go back down to Florida because our house blew down in Ivan. I filed the right paperwork to get her insurance money to rebuild it.

And that's me in a nutshell. But you're not out of it yet.

*My father was born in 1930. No, my mom did not marry him for his money, because he had none. After graduating high school at 16, he joined the Air Force and became a Colonel in 20 years, when he retired. After that, he went to NASA as an Aerospace Engineer, and helped design and build the Apollo project space ships and modules. After that, he met my mom in California, and we moved here, where my brother was born, and he became the county commissioner.

**I get around 3 hours of sleep each night. Nothing designed to alter the bloodstream flow, and/or change the mood of your body to be more energetic or sleepy, works on me. I could drink 50 energy drinks and just die of a massive cholesterol-related incident. I've never been able to turn in before midnight, and I've always had to get up around 4:30 each morning.

And that's my story.

Say what you like, but "omgwalloftextnoread" would be a very immature first response.

So, Pit, what's your story?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
My life has pretty much been good for the most part
I never grew up around any bad experiences so I consider myself lucky

My life is ok at the moment....
I mean I could say "it could be better" but I think everyone can say that
so I'll just stick to the story

Well aside from my gf breaking up with me a couple weeks ago, I'm just waiting for my school year to end so that I can hurry up and start college already and experience a new world of enlightenment and frustrating hard work
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
this one time
i ate a whole pie

Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Well. I skimmed it. Not gonna lie. But the thing about your girlfriend.... : (

You never saw her again?

She's in Saint Andrews, in Scotland.

No, I haven't seen her, or talked to her, ever since. However, I have tried. I guess since I was 3 years younger than her, she just didn't want me as a companion anymore.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
wow you sound fancy. wish i was that smart
not true.
Last edited by Megallica666 at Feb 27, 2008,
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
She's in Saint Andrews, in Scotland.

No, I haven't seen her, or talked to her, ever since. However, I have tried. I guess since I was 3 years younger than her, she just didn't want me as a companion anymore.

that's a bummer dude...

but I've learned that with age difference there comes a point where you eventually just have to let it go, even if it's the hardest thing to do...
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Quote by Megallica666
wow you sound fancy. wish i was that smart
not true.

It's not true you would want to be that smart, or you think my story is bogus?
wow...thats one hell of a life...not much else I can say
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
That's a shame, overcoming such adversity. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that it's true... because it would be a terrible thing to lie about.

I'd tell you my life story but I haven't got the time now... I'll edit this post or post again when I can.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Wow... that sucks.

Hmm, let's see. I dont remember much.

When I was young, I was raised by a babysitter, my parents were teachers, and therefore, they didnt have much time for me. So, my babysitter, Iris, was my mom, while my parents were at work. I chilled on her farm, hung out with the other kids. I dont remember much, exept a kid named Luke.

Anyway. I dont remember much up until I moved, in 2nd grade. I was extremely sad, I never wanted to leave my hometown, but I got over it. I dont remember much, but i remember having KFC the first night in this house. Anyway, I still had one friend from my old hometown. He was Matt. He was cool. He was also about my only real friend until about grade 7. Anyway, around grade 5, I had serious self-esteem issues, and was very depressed. So i was pretty much a loner, my only friend was Matt. and it was hard to get through.

So anyway, I went to a sports camp in 2002, where i met my second ever friend, Chris. We were the best friends ever. We did everything together (dont make that dirty). and that brought things up a bit. Until grade 7. I had to move schools, to be in an advanced class. Even though I hated everything in life at that point, especially the school i was in, i didnt want to move. I may have hated it, but it was normal. to me.

Meanwhile, my parents have never been helpful. I can't talk to them. I tell them I want to see a doctor, or a phycaiatrist, and they make fun of me and laugh, it's incredibly frustrating .

I lost contact with Matt around Grade 7, which is really depressing, I dont know what I did, but he doesnt like me anymore. Anyway, I met my third friend ever in grade 7, Derek. That was an awful year, as I had expected it to be. but i had made another friend. This was also the year i met my first girlfriend. I had a great time with her, and really liked her, I was more depressed than I had ever been. Suicide crossed my mind every day. I know it seems extreme, but i would get depressed over little things, because my parents are very unsupportive. but i didnt realize she was a *****. Which set me up badly for my next, and only relationship, which I will get to shortly. Anyway, I also joined Air Force Cadets in Grade seven. Which was a big change (and acctually where i met my girlfriend) Which I'm still in, it's one of the best things in my life. More on it later as well. So, that summer, i went to camp that summer, with cadets, and met the next two friends i'd ever had. I dont remember much. anyway....

Grade 8 wasnt much better than grade 7, until the summer I went to another camp with Cadets. It was the best time i had ever had, the first time, and to this date, the only time i'd ever been happy. i stayed there for 3 weeks, and for the first time, ever, everyone liked me, i had friends. it was weird. I loved it. anyway. I came back, and got heavy into music, playing and listening. and I still am. it gives me comfort, makes me feel a little better about stuff.

And now i'm in 9th grade. I have a new girlfriend, she's amazing, she makes me happy when i'm with her. I also love music, and I'm a sergent in Cadets, which is getting up pretty high in the ranks. But I still can't be happy unless i'm with Bryanna. I dont know why.

So, in closing, I havent had a particularly bad life, but I've never been happy. It feels nice to tell someone this. even if it is a bunch of horny teenagers. And now i feel bad that i'm depressed, because compared to your life, mine was heaven.
^What you go through in life is a different situation from other people's. There is no true comparison between lives on good points and bad points. I never considered my life heaven, but I never thought of it as Hell, either. I've had some friends that have had worse lives than me, and now they're in there 4th foster family, at least, they were last time I talked to them in high school.

But seriously, I hope everything turns out great with you
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
^What you go through in life is a different situation from other people's. There is no true comparison between lives on good points and bad points. I never considered my life heaven, but I never thought of it as Hell, either. I've had some friends that have had worse lives than me, and now they're in there 4th foster family, at least, they were last time I talked to them in high school.

But seriously, I hope everything turns out great with you

Thanks man, It feels nice to tell someone. I wish I had more time to vent, but I'd need to acctually talk to someone. I've just never been happy, it's weird. and I thought it was normal until recently... anyway... Thanks for reading it.
I'll take the time to reminisce about the heaviest acid experience I've had in my long and terrible history with the drug.

It was a hot summer night, me and a close friend (who for anonymity shall be named "Smiles") had been experimenting with acid for a good year. We were always pushing it to the limit, seeing how far we could dive into the realm of the mind. Though we had experienced amazing visions, experiences, and realizations in the past, we felt that we had only scratched paint from the surface. 2 days before that night we had decided to go all the way. Neither of us had much to lose, horrible childhoods, school dropouts, the works. Through various sources we had acquired 20 hits of blotter, 10 hits of gel tab, and a very small portion of pure liquid LSD (the latter of which had been most difficult to obtain, though only a few drops.) Zoom forward 2 days back to the night of the trip. We knew from past experiences that such a large volume of acid would be an intense, long term experience. We ate the acid when the sun just began crawling toward the horizon. Good acid comes on slow, then hits you you like a freight train from hell. Pummeling your senses almost instantly with little room to prepare or cope with the sensory overload. As we were waiting on top of our local abandoned house (an old house, definitely pre-dating 1900 as it had no roads going to it, only train tracks not but 12 feet from the entrance) our thoughts churned about whether or not the acid was indeed legitimate. These thoughts always permeate your brain in the calm before the storm. From our vantage point we could see for miles down the train track, seemingly into infinity. It seemed as though the sun had just kissed the earth when the sky began to melt away. I had never seem something so vivid, real, and beautiful in my whole life. I looked to smiles as if to confirm that what i was seeing was reality. He was transfixed as if possessed. We decided to chase the sun, believing that it had a supernatural quality. Walking down the train tracks I looked around me and saw a plethora of colors and geometry that could not be described in this language or any. Rays of sun reflected off the crisp steel of the tracks, seemingly bouncing to the faded moon that loomed above us.

Will write more if you want, but I have a feeling nobody will read this :/
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Last edited by BrokenBricks at Feb 27, 2008,
Let's see, things were normal up until I was 6, then My parents got a divorce. This caused my mother whom I lived with to go into a deep depression, she began to abuse drugs. I was stuck taking care of her until I was 8, then she pulled herself together for a while. When I was around 10 she started drinking heavily and I took care of her again until I was 12. This affects me deeply, thus I refuse to injest any mind altering substances. More recently my sister was arrested for possession of cocaine. Needless to say I was disappointed.
Never really had any great relationships most of which last from 3-4 months...yup that's it, I have a great group of friends and guitar...
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
I've got problems, I'm a ****ed up kid.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by BrokenBricks
I'll take the time to reminisce about the heaviest acid experience I've had in my long and terrible history with the drug.

It was a hot summer night, me and a close friend (who for anonymity shall be named "Smiles") had been experimenting with acid for a good year. We were always pushing it to the limit, seeing how far we could dive into the realm of the mind. Though we had experienced amazing visions, experiences, and realizations in the past, we felt that we had only scratched paint from the surface. 2 days before that night we had decided to go all the way. Neither of us had much to lose, horrible childhoods, school dropouts, the works. Through various sources we had acquired 20 hits of blotter, 10 hits of gel tab, and a very small portion of pure liquid LSD (the latter of which had been most difficult to obtain, though only a few drops.) Zoom forward 2 days back to the night of the trip. We knew from past experiences that such a large volume of acid would be an intense, long term experience. We ate the acid when the sun just began crawling toward the horizon. Good acid comes on slow, then hits you you like a freight train from hell. Pummeling your senses almost instantly with little room to prepare or cope with the sensory overload. As we were waiting on top of our local abandoned house (an old house, definitely pre-dating 1900 as it had no roads going to it, only train tracks not but 12 feet from the entrance) our thoughts churned about whether or not the acid was indeed legitimate. These thoughts always permeate your brain in the calm before the storm. From our vantage point we could see for miles down the train track, seemingly into infinity. It seemed as though the sun had just kissed the earth when the sky began to melt away. I had never seem something so vivid, real, and beautiful in my whole life. I looked to smiles as if to confirm that what i was seeing was reality. He was transfixed as if possessed. We decided to chase the sun, believing that it had a supernatural quality. Walking down the train tracks I looked around me and saw a plethora of colors and geometry that could not be described in this language or any. Rays of sun reflected off the crisp steel of the tracks, seemingly bouncing to the faded moon that loomed above us.

Will write more if you want, but I have a feeling nobody will read this :/

Dude write more... I'm kinda intrigued
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
I've got problems, I'm a ****ed up kid.

Everybody has problems my friend... some just hide it better than others
I like to reminisce with people I don't know.
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by Vagabond21
Dude write more... I'm kinda intrigued

Well, that's good to hear. I will continue, and probably copypasta this to the drug thread. Give me a minute to write, the only way to describe an acid trip is with the most visual writing possible.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous

Pics coming soon
PART 2:

As we continued to walk the tracks, time seemed to stir. 1 minute was an hour, 30 seconds was 5 minutes, and hour was 10 minutes. The world through my eyes phased out to frame-by-frame. It seemed like an old movie, Smiles voice was distorted and rapid, only gibberish to me. Particles of every color filled the air, gleaming with jagged edges and dimensions that no artist could sketch.

It seemed as if an eternity had gone by when the trip shifted. A moment of realization in the daze. Darkness surrounded us, and the moon filled the sky, red with fury (whether this was a hallucination or just a natural occurrence is still unknown to me.) Me and Smile's eyes met, and brief terror ran through us. But then, in almost an instant we were at peace. Taking a moment to survey our surroundings, I was astonished at the beauty around me. To the left of the train tracks there was a field of clovers, flowers, and fallen trees illuminated in the moonlight. It seemed surreal as we wandered into this grove. At this point I cannot remember much, except for socializing and interacting with strange beings. I wish I could recall their appearance, as I remember it was awe inspiring.

Continued if wanted.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous

Pics coming soon
Please continue
Bторой член в"Русскoй группe."PM Vindication to join
Quote by psychedelic420
I think Tiksi settled the matters. haha great job!

Quote by happytimeharry
The power of Christ compels me...

to touch myself.

Deputy Leader, Secretary General, UG Ambassador USA
Quote by killedbyaspork
I like to reminisce with people I don't know.

Is that Steven Wright?

Nice quote.
I'll just finish the whole thing while I get more drunk.

Put this thread in another tab or window, and refresh once in awhile.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous

Pics coming soon
Quote by BrokenBricks
I'll just finish the whole thing while I get more drunk.

Put this thread in another tab or window, and refresh once in awhile.

Already doing that, haha.
Bторой член в"Русскoй группe."PM Vindication to join
Quote by psychedelic420
I think Tiksi settled the matters. haha great job!

Quote by happytimeharry
The power of Christ compels me...

to touch myself.

Deputy Leader, Secretary General, UG Ambassador USA
As I said before, the time in the grove was a blur. Time flowed out and on, and once again, the trip changed phases and we had a moment of realization. Then, we heard the most horrible noise I have ever heard in my entire 18 years on this planet. I'm a good writer, but describing this unholy abomination of a shriek would be impossible. But I can't explain how I felt. It shook me from the marrow of my bones to the tiniest hairs on my arms and neck. It violated my sanity and threw away my intelligence for primal instinct. Smiles and I looked at each other and instantly began to run back down the tracks toward mainstreet.

BACKROUND: In our town, Ellicott City Maryland, "Old Ellicott City" is a small portion of "Frederick Road" which runs strait into Baltimore through Baltimore County and Howard County. (Most of you will have no idea what that means, but you all know Baltimore, so it's basically a 2 lane road that runs from Baltimore to the middle of ****ing nowhere.) As I was saying, "Old Ellicott City" or "Main Street" is a historical part of the county where all of the buildings are late 1700's to early 1800's. It resembles old New Orleans, and is especially haunting at night. Just had to set the scene for this next part.

We ran fast and hard, pounding the earth like we were running for life. It seemed like a short amount of time when we saw the faint lights of Main Street. Seeking salvation from the unknown creature/demon/force that we thought was chasing, we put everything we had into the final sprint. If you've ever consumed large amounts of LSD you know that it is possible to unlock a hidden human potential. Everyone has heard stories of a mother lifting her car off train tracks and moving it to save her child, these impossible feats seem in reach when the world is peeled back. We must have been running at full speed for an unimaginable amount of time, yet we felt no fatigue. When we finally broke free of the train tracks and basked in the soothing light given by the street lamps, the nightmare was over.

Walking from the side street, we entered the main thoroughfare and the hustle and bustle of the bars gave us relief and much needed connection with reality. We walked up soft hill of the street toward my apartment. We tried to blend in while walking through groups of intoxicated college kids, but the way they looked at us re-affirmed that we were on another plane. We finally hit the small alley where at the end my apartment resided. Though we could have gone strait in, we decided we should cool off and reflect on what had happened. Directly across and a little up the hill of the street was a large rock formation between buildings. It was about 30 feet between the adjacent building and at least 60 feet back, at it's highest point 25 feet high. We climbed the rock and tucked near a tree in the relaxing shade and safety from the evils of the forest. It was then that me and Smiles finally talked about what had occurred over the past hours. Enough time had finally transpired where we had control over the trip due to our wealth of experience. I had been thinking that maybe it was only me that had experience everything that I have written in this story, but Smiles systematically backed up everything that I had seen and experienced. We both decided that we needed to go to the safety of home and relax.

The rest of the trip was pretty ordinary. We listened to music in my room, drew all over ourselves with black light reactive pens, wrote music about everything we had experienced that night. 2 or 3 hours later we got a 3rd wind and started hallucinating heavily, though it was funner than being in the middle of nowhere. It was 11 or 12 in the afternoon the next day when we were sober and ready for much needed sleep. We took 20 minutes to talk in sobriety about the psychological and emotional effects of the night. We both agreed that we would never mention it to anyone. And finally, we slept. The emotions of the night drained out of us and we dreamed nothing. I slept 28 hours, Smiles slept 25.

Me and Smiles agreed to never tell anyone about this experience, therefor, I omitted more horrific and horrible things from this story. Things you and I should never hope to think about. This should be a lesson and a warning to those who experiment with LSD, though the most beautiful things in the world can be seen, equally horrific and terrible things will infect you.

This was my first piece of writing since I dropped out, so I hope you liked it.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous

Pics coming soon
my life so far is alright, considering that there are children in **** ass countries being starved, enslaved, and raped, i feel i have no room to complain and feel sorry for myself.
Quote by happytimeharry
you're asking UG for advice on what to do with your life? Prepare to have a career as a fluffer in the porn industry...
I guess I might as well give it a shot.

I've lived in Nebraska almost all of my life. And the time spent living away from here was in Kansas, so I've never known what it was like to live in the city. I do spend as much time as I can get there. Anyway, as much as I hate this town and even though I know I'm moving out of here the second I can, it's taught me a few things. At the top is that no matter how rich and famous I might ever get, I cannot, for one second, forget my roots.

I was raised for the first nine years of my life by my grandma. Actually, I lived with my parents, but I have absolutely no recollection of ever seeing them except for one time until I hit about ten. I think there are memories being repressed majorly in my brain, and I'm terrified that one day I'll remember something horrible. The one time I remember was when I was maybe eight. My dad had gotten this marvelous idea to take my mom and I (I was the first born, by eight years) to eat breakfast at two in the morning at this restaraunt that was an hour away. Somehow, it ended up in a massive, violent fight. And me, an eight year old little Nebraskan girl, got told to get out of the car, in the middle of the road. They didn't want me to listen to it. I owe them that much.

Somehow, I ended up at my grandma's that night. That woman has been my rock, my inspiration, my hero, everything. My grandmother is the single most important person to me in my life. I have offended my parents so many times by writing English papers, you know, the "Write About the One Person who Inspires You" things about her instead of them. They don't deserve it.

In the third grade, I met the girl who would be the one who would keep me sane for the next ten years of my life. She's amazing in every way. She taught me to draw. I taught her the guitar. She's a wonderful singer, and one day, mark my words, our band is going to get far. I owe a lot to that girl. Mostly, my life. When I was fourteen years old, I got into drugs. First, it was a little bit of weed here and there, some booze. It escalated into harder drugs. I had a short run with meth, but found my love in cocaine.

The girl I mentioned above, my best friend, she literally saved my life. I was two seconds away from overdosing when she marched in, threatening me with our friendship. Let's just say, I haven't touched a drug ever again. It took me months of terrible withdrawls and therapy sessions to get there. I wouldn't wish the expirience on my worst enemy. I pulled my life back together, and fast.

That puts me here. A junior in high school. I've done a lot of living already for being so young, but I'm aware that I've got a whole life ahead of me. I don't regret much. I think it's made me a better person in the long run.

That turned out WAY longer than I expected. O_o
Aww, man, your story is just...unbelievable...dad died early on, house got destroyed, and still valedictorian, and, I assume, guitar player? Bet you're a damn good one, seems the best music comes from the worst of some situations.

Not much to my life, but I honestly wish I could start over at maybe age six, because now at fourteen (still young, I guess), I'm already regretting a lot of things. Not learning sax, quitting percussion and therefore forfeiting my post on drumline, being a pissy bitch, guys, taking middle school seriously. They made such a big deal about grades in middle school, I could have used all that spare time to do something worthwhile...instead of four hours of guitar a day, homework, guard, social life...

Although I must admit I have it a ton better than a lot of people. It's hard to say that sometimes, because you always want more...like I do.

There are so many things I wish i could change about my past, and so many things I want to do for my future. Advice on anything, in general? Stay in school, that kinda thing...
[[subsection]]
When I was 6 years old I saw my first ever motocross race. At that point I wanted a dirt bike more than anything in the World... And I told my parents this every... damn... day.. but, they would never get me one. They always had some bull**** excuse as to why I couldn't or shouldn't have one. I grew up riding four wheelers, and have ALWAYS wanted a dirt bike. It was my dream, my LIFE GOAL, THE ONLY THING I WANTED OUT OF LIFE... to race motocross. I just wanted to race and be successful like the guys on T.V..

My parents didn't care... They never believed in me. They would just keep the bull**** excuses coming right along...

Now, I am 18 years old... and still, EVERYDAY, I dream about racing motocross. I still can't afford a dirt bike on my own, even when maintaining a job. It sucks. I know that I will get there someday though.
[[end of subsection]]

So... back at 6. I moved around a lot in the part of my life. I went to 1 elementary school for Kindergarten and First. Switched schools for 2nd. Then I switched again for 3rd through 5th.

5th grade is when my mom introduced us (my four year older sister and I) to her new fiance, Kelly.

After that we moved to Chicago, IL, where my mom and step-dad built a house and I went to school from 6th through 8th. During that time, I met one of the best friends of my life, Corey. Corey and I were like brothers. We hung out almost every day, always laughing and sharing common interests. It was some of the best times of my life. We got into A LOT of trouble, but Corey is the one who really got me interested in guitar, thus bringing me to this site.

In 8th grade, my Mom and I got into a lot of arguments and were constantly fighting so she moved me back down to Texas to live with my dad. That was 4 years ago and since then I haven't seen Corey and I have talked to him 3 times.

In High School I met my current best friends, and we all get along great. All into music, video games, and all of the same kinds of things.. And life is good... But I'm kind of starting to realize that I am about to move BACK UP NORTH for college, and I will probably not see them again.. With the exception of reunions, which I doubt I will attend anyways.

It just seems to me like a lot of my life consists of downers.. Or having to let things go.

I met the girl of my dreams down here, Brooke, and we are going to different colleges... Not only are they different, they are 1000 miles apart. Chances are pretty high that she is not going to try to stick it out through college, and I will probably never see her again either... It sucks so bad.

I have cried a lot lately thinking about how ****ing bad my life sucks. Always losing friends and ****.

And to top all of that off my dad recently left his email open on his computer when he left.. and all in his inbox were emails from Craigslist's "Guys seeking Guys..." I'm not even ****ing joking... I haven't confronted him about it, because he is a drunk bastard and he is extremely violent... But what the **** am I supposed to think? This "father" of mine is supposed to be a role model and half the time he is never home and the other half he is too drunk to move... And NOW, I know that when he's "out for a ride on his Harley..." He's out for a ride on his friend Curtis.....

I have talked to a psychologist about all of this but nothing works..
I refuse to take medications and no one telling me that I am "such a fabulous person" is going to change how I feel.

EDIT: I have a lot of pent up anger towards my parents for getting a divorce. I know that they couldn't really help it... But 9/10 of my friend's parents are together and they live great lives...

Sorry it's so long....

I feel depressed now... I'm gonna go sleep.
XBL Gamertag: SealCubs
Dude, BrokenBricks, awesome story! Very captivating...it was almost like I took the trip myself, though I've never tried LSD. Everyone else is doing pretty awesome, too!

Anyways, here's a bit of my life...

I was born on October 9th, 1986 in Sandpoint, Idaho. Not sure why I was born there, because at the time, my parents lived in Thompson Falls, Montana, but whatever. For the first 9 years of my life, I lived in Thompson Falls with my parents, older brother, and older sister. Life was pretty good, and I took an early intrest in music because my dad played guitar, and I was always exposed to good music from my parents' record collection. I remember at 3 years old bouncing up and down on my parents' bed with my dad's acoustic guitar, pretending the bed was a stage, and singing Buddy Holly songs.

My little brother was born when I was 6, and shortly after that (or maybe before, I don't remember), I was enrolled in school. From the beginning, I was an outcast, because I didn't really fit into any groups, and naturally, I got picked on a lot. I took solace in the couple of friends I had, and took solace in music and video games, especially the Street Fighter games...those rocked. When I was 9, we moved from Thompson Falls to Orofino, Idaho, which is where I reside to this day.

That same year, I took up guitar, thus beginning a life-long love of the instrument. Since I didn't have a lot of friends in school, I didn't have much in the way of a social life, so I spent a lot of time playing guitar. At the time, it was quite a depressing situation, because between getting picked on so much at school, and not having a lot of friends, I was quite lonely as a kid, but I took solace in my guitar, and learning how to write songs gave me an outlet for how I felt. I started out being more into grunge and hard rock stuff, like Nirvana, Foo Fighters, and so on, but when I was 11 or so, my dad gave me a tape copy of "Life is Peachy" from KoRn...I loved the heaviness of the music, which led me to seek out heavier music, and as a result, my playing began going in that direction, also.

School was hell, for the most part, because I didn't fit in anywhere, and I was a bit of a dork, so nobody there liked me much. Luckily, in the last couple years of school, I found a group of fellow outcasts, and we hung out a lot, and had all kinds of awesome times together. Since we were all metalheads and goth kids, and dressed in a 'dark' fashion, we freaked a lot of people in our school out, even leading the principal to think we were a gang, like a gang that did organized crime and stuff. We obviously weren't, but we got a kick out of all the commotion.

Around this time, I joined my first band, Dying to Live. I played bass for the group, and had a lot of fun, but at the time, I was 18, the band lived 40 miles away from me, and I didn't have a car, so I ended up having to leave that band. A little while after, I started a band with a couple friends called Awkward Silence. We didn't have a bassist, so we hired my little bro, who now was playing bass, and had been since the bass was about as tall as he was. We started gelling pretty well, and played a lot of shows around Orofino and the surrounding area, and even had our demo played on the radio in Spokane, Washington. Unfortunately, we all started not getting along very well, so that band broke up last summer.

Around this time, I got an email from the singer of Dying to Live, asking if I knew any bassists or guitarists in the area, because DTL was down to three members. My bro and I decided to try out, and we got in, so I now play guitar for Dying to Live, and my bro (who is now 15) plays bass. We get to play awesome shows and watch people have a great time to our music, and enjoy the feeling of rocking out with best friends. When I was younger, I was depressed because I didn't have many friends besides my guitar, but it paid off later on in life. That's pretty much my life story, or at the very least, the more fun parts, since no one wants to hear a lot of whining. Enjoy!
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
Last edited by GeetarAbuse at Feb 28, 2008,