So I'm starting to tinker with electronics. I'm trying to build a little Smokey amp to start out with. I have an electronics kit with a whole bunch of parts: resistors, IC's, LED's, capacitors, etc.

I need two 47 microfarad capacitors, but that seems to be the only kind I don't have. I have 470, 4.7, .047, and a plethora of others, but no 47. I don't know much about capacitors, could I combine two to get the correct capacitance?

Here's the schem. Pretty simple.

Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
I would honestly just go to radioshack and pick up some 47uf capacitors. They'll be the electrolytic type.

If you want to order more parts, i suggest you order a bunch from Futurlec. The prices are great, and if you order enough parts, it more than offsets the shipping costs.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
order the parts its less of a hassle, if you dont then you'll have to put 10 4.7uf's in parallel to equal a 47uf
For C2, any value between 4.7uf and 100uf will be fine - if you go smaller, you'll limit the low frequency output of the speaker. For C1, 100uf works fine.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."