Alright I know basically every thread I make here is asking for your guys opinion on equipment I want to buy.

This thread is no exception :P .

Currently I'm looking at the Ibanez SR-900. The question is, what Ibanez bass guitar do you guys recommend that are in the same price range as an SR-900 (which is ~$1600 AUD retail).

Obviously I've come to the decision that it's definitely going to be an Ibanez, and it's going to have 4 strings, but they have a fair few different series of basses.

Help me choose UG!.
Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Why not a 5er? Why not a 5er?

If you like the bass buy it. If you like the bass buy it.

If you are set on an Ibanez, go ahead with that one. If you are set on an Ibanez, go ahead with that one.

Gee, that was fun. Gee, that was fun.
Musicman basses are nasty (opinion heh), warwick's are nice when you get to about $2300 AUD , and even then, the necks are too fat for my liking :P .
Why Ibanez? Why Ibanez?

For that money, you can get something much better. For that money, you can get something much better.

And yeah, why not a 5 stringer? And yeah, why not a 5 stringer?
Cort A4, if you love the ibanez you'll love this

also available in 5 and 6 string variants
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
I like the look of the new BTBs, especially the 570 with the flamed maple top. Go for the green stain!

Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Last edited by Your41Plague12 at Feb 28, 2008,
Quote by Your41Plague12
I like the look of the new BTBs, especially the 570 with the flamed maple top.

Shame they're so damn uncomfortable to play.

If you want Ibanez there's only the SR, BTB, ATK, ICB, EDB or JTK to choose from. IMO the ATK and SR basses are far better than the rest.

I really wish they didn't abbreviate all their names...Soundgear, Attack, Iceman, Ergodyne and Jet King are decent enough names...does anyone know what BTB stands for?
Quote by smb
I really wish they didn't abbreviate all their names...Soundgear, Attack, Iceman, Ergodyne and Jet King are decent enough names...does anyone know what BTB stands for?

Bass of The Badass
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Lolz^

Go for a warwick.
If you cant afford new you can always go used!
And just in case some one says i didnt read the thread...I did!

Edit: dont warwick necks come in diffrent shapes?
Ah well, spector might be to your liking...
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Feb 28, 2008,
Quote by Mr_Pleb_Mgoo
Musicman basses are nasty (opinion heh), warwick's are nice when you get to about $2300 AUD , and even then, the necks are too fat for my liking :P .

Quote by c3powil
Lolz^

Go for a warwick.
If you cant afford new you can always go used!

Read the thread too :P .

I'll check out some ATK basses at the music shop when I have the time to go there, if they haven't sold them all ;p .