G5
28 21%
Civic
62 47%
Other
38 29%
Voters: 132.
Page 1 of 2
Hey in about 3-4 months im going to put a downpayment on my first new car. Will be a 2008. Im still deciding between a Pontiac Wave (sedan), Pontiac G5 (coupe) or a Honda Civic. If you have any other idea's let me know. My price range is around 15g-20g
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Last edited by davidson22 at Feb 28, 2008,
I'd go with the Honda, becasue they retain their value better than Pontiac's.

Actually, I'd just buy a used car.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I've had both Pontiac and Honda products. Hondas are better cars with much better resale value.
Hi, I'm Peter
Civic.

Honda's are worth more than what you pay for them IMO.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Honda for sure. American cars are **** these days.
Time Magazine's 2006 Person of the Year
Definitely go with the Civic.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
G5's are holdens,

i work for holden we make good cars, the G5's are just our cars with facelifts
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
i was going to buy a car msyelf but i decided to wait and save some more money and develop credit.

my recommendations

1.mazda 3
2.honda civic
3.scion tc
4. volkwagen rabbit
5.bmw 325 year 2000 used

the mazda 3 kicks ass the interior is nice and exterior as well and is a pretty common car so if you crash or anything there be plenty of parts and it will retains its value like the honda civic a little bit better
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Last edited by stefan1988 at Feb 27, 2008,
Quote by pyerreives
just dont go with pontiac

I'm sorry, what? I can't hear you over how sexy this car is.
G5's are holdens,

Is that a vote for the G5?
Look at the cheaper Volkswagens, the Rabbit and Jetta should fit into your price range. (actually I'm not sure about in Canada but you should still go check them out)

The Civic is a great car but Pontiacs are UTTER garbage and should be avoided like the plague.

Forgot about the Mazda 3, a friend of mine just got one and they're really good cars too.
Quote by Flying Couch

I'm sorry, what? I can't hear you over how sexy this car is.Is that a vote for the G5?

If that was one of the options.... YES.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

out of those choices you want the civic for sure. if it were me i'd go for the civic si. costs maybe $5k more, but if you get one 2 or 3 years old you could get one for that price. its a regular civic that looks better and has wayyy more balls under the hood. and a six-speed stick. bad ass

i dont like pontiacs too much, although my experience is only with driving my parents old 99 sunfire, which is now mine cause my dad got a new car. so i cant complain too much

but again, i'd look for a used car, couple years old, low miles, you'll get a way better car for that price then you could buying new,.
Quote by CORT noob
If that was one of the options.... YES.
No, that was a retort to the 'Pontiac sucks' vibe I was getting. Pontiacs are fine cars.
Quote by Flying Couch

I'm sorry, what? I can't hear you over how sexy this car is.Is that a vote for the G5?

Yea they look and run quite well for me.

I also love opportunities to post my car. (except for that damn crooked light!)
Quote by Flying Couch
No, that was a retort to the 'Pontiac sucks' vibe I was getting. Pontiacs are fine cars.

But, when we're talking new Pontiacs, generally, they usually have decent power, but crappy reliability.

I see your pontiac and raise you a Honda!

/fail
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Quote by SeveralSpecies
*Trans Am eats honda*

BELCH!
You need to get a picture of the rest of the car, not just the nose.
Honda's are a great buy. i'd probably go with an accord over the civic though. a bit more expensive, but if you find the right deal you get a much ballsier car: more power, better looks, overall higher quality.

mazda3's are cool, but i'd prefer a few years old rx8.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by pb&guitar
out of those choices you want the civic for sure. if it were me i'd go for the civic si. costs maybe $5k more, but if you get one 2 or 3 years old you could get one for that price. its a regular civic that looks better and has wayyy more balls under the hood. and a six-speed stick. bad ass

And they take only premium gas. Also, have fun trying to find a used one that wasn't owned by some 20something and quite frankly abused, because every kid who owns an Si thinks they're a racer.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by stefan1988
i was going to buy a car msyelf but i decided to wait and save some more money and develop credit.

my recommendations

1.mazda 3
2.honda civic
3.scion tc
4. volkwagen rabbit
5.bmw 325 year 2000 used

the mazda 3 kicks ass the interior is nice and exterior as well and is a pretty common car so if you crash or anything there be plenty of parts and it will retains its value like the honda civic a little bit better

Actually yes the mazda 3's are a gorgeous car, not quite as fuel efficiant as the rest but a nice car, My mom actually has one. On a new note im thinking about actually getting a used 2005+ Chrysler 300. My dad has one and it is a beautiful car, not bad on gas either. Costs about $70 to fill and about 6.5 hours of driving on it which is pretty damn good for a 3.5 litre
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

Don't buy a new car. Its never worth it because if you wanted to sell it the second you got off the lot, it would be much less than what you paid for it. Goto Carmax or craiglist to get a car. If you buy a junker that dies in a year, it doesnt matter because it still got you from A to B without dying. (hopefully)
I know it's not on your list, but check out the Dodge Caliber. (going by what you are looking for in the cars)

$14,000 - $22,435

This is one of the most awesome things I have seen in a while. Decent gas mileage, good storage, 5 seater, and an engine that's supposed to last...well longer than you'll own it for at least.

That's not the fun part though. Let's take the SXT. This will be around $18,000, with good options. You get a mini-fridge in the glovebox, an AC power outlet in the dash(get a 3 prong adapter, plug in an amp), removeable/rechargeable flashlight(the rear dome light), rear speakers that flip down from the hatch and point out the back(for impromptu parties and the like), VERY advanced engines, and that whole lifetime warranty thing. Yeah, you read that right.

pic
pic
pic
pic

new cars aren't a good idea IMO...but if that's what you're looking for, more power to you.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Feb 28, 2008,
Quote by bigtimmy
G5's are holdens,

Ba-Bow.
The G8 is the VE, not the G5.

Where bouts do you work for?
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
Quote by WarAndPeas
Don't buy a new car. Its never worth it because if you wanted to sell it the second you got off the lot, it would be much less than what you paid for it. Goto Carmax or craiglist to get a car. If you buy a junker that dies in a year, it doesnt matter because it still got you from A to B without dying. (hopefully)

yeah sorry but this isnt a thread on me asking advice if i SHOULD get a new car. I drive an old rusted piece of **** right now lol im sick of it, i want a new car, if not straight off the lot only a year or two old. Something that looks nice and i know is going to last me a long time.
Quote by Burtonjp

out of those, id say the G5

my reccomendations are: a Mazda 3 sport, an Impreza 2.5i, or even the new mitsubishi lancers, theyre supposed to be great.
Quote by Tom_hatton

Second of all, you are female. Therefore, you do not deserve an opinion.

Quote by Rock'N'Soul
Oh! I'm also happy I was the fastest sperm.

Quote by Megadeth2011
That is quite possibly one of the best ideas someone has told me yet. Crackattack ur pretty smart.
davidson22, my first thought, given the direction gas prices have been going, was "which gets the best milage?" My second thought, after noticing you listed your location as Saskatchewan, Canada was "what's the weather like up there?" Based on the little I know about your area, I'd think you'd like a pickup of some sorts for dependable winter mobility or summer-mud-fun. Of course, I'm biased in favor of trucks. I drive a Dodge Ram with a 12 valve Cummins turbo diesel..."well" modified. I did have the chance to drive a G6 about a year ago when my wife's Bravada was in the body shop after she hit a deer. If the G5 is anything like the G6, it should be a fun car to drive. Granted, ours was a rental G6 so we were more inclined to see what it would do without the fear of breaking something that was ours...it didn't break by the way. The only thing I didn't like about it was every freaking light on the dashboard was red. It was very distracting at night. My brother-in-law has an older Honda Civic. It just keeps running. He's got well over 200,000 miles on it and the car is still in good shape. I'm sure that has to say something about the dependability of the Civic. I know absolutely nothing about the Wave, so, I have no comment there. I guess I've rambled on enough, so, I'll leave you with a bit of advice that my grandfather gave me about cars. He owned an auto repair garage and came to one ultimate conclusion about all cars and trucks..."It doesn't matter who makes it, your either going to get a lemon or peach...period." Of course, my other brother-in-law has his own conclusion. He owns a performance machine shop where he builds engines for mostly racing applications and street rods and does engine rebuilds for average car owners. He was just in a recent Hot Rod issue as the engine builder for the "fastest street rod." He has reached the conclusion "they all s*@k."
if you want one of those 3, get the Civic. i have a Honda Accord, and its a nice car. very reliable. i assume the Civic is nice as well.

of course when i think Honda Civic i think high school kids with stock civics that think they have a car that can run a 1/4 mile in like 12-13 seconds. they usually put spoilers on them and loud sound systems in them (because these 2 things make their car super fast apparently).
Last edited by daytripper75 at Feb 28, 2008,
I have a
Honda Civic 2005 and I'm loving it.
A drumer is needed!!

In Dammam or Khobar
If your asian, Civic, if not, then go with the G5. The G5 has a cool a$$ dash.
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

Quote by visa
That made absoulutely no sense how do you tie your shoes in little nazi's?
Quote by hercules1
davidson22, my first thought, given the direction gas prices have been going, was "which gets the best milage?" My second thought, after noticing you listed your location as Saskatchewan, Canada was "what's the weather like up there?" Based on the little I know about your area, I'd think you'd like a pickup of some sorts for dependable winter mobility or summer-mud-fun. Of course, I'm biased in favor of trucks. I drive a Dodge Ram with a 12 valve Cummins turbo diesel..."well" modified. I did have the chance to drive a G6 about a year ago when my wife's Bravada was in the body shop after she hit a deer. If the G5 is anything like the G6, it should be a fun car to drive. Granted, ours was a rental G6 so we were more inclined to see what it would do without the fear of breaking something that was ours...it didn't break by the way. The only thing I didn't like about it was every freaking light on the dashboard was red. It was very distracting at night. My brother-in-law has an older Honda Civic. It just keeps running. He's got well over 200,000 miles on it and the car is still in good shape. I'm sure that has to say something about the dependability of the Civic. I know absolutely nothing about the Wave, so, I have no comment there. I guess I've rambled on enough, so, I'll leave you with a bit of advice that my grandfather gave me about cars. He owned an auto repair garage and came to one ultimate conclusion about all cars and trucks..."It doesn't matter who makes it, your either going to get a lemon or peach...period." Of course, my other brother-in-law has his own conclusion. He owns a performance machine shop where he builds engines for mostly racing applications and street rods and does engine rebuilds for average car owners. He was just in a recent Hot Rod issue as the engine builder for the "fastest street rod." He has reached the conclusion "they all s*@k."

Wow... that was a good bit to read haha. The Wave is nothing special. Really its just your average sedan, but has really good mileage but i cant imagine it being to exiting to drive because it is awful plain. Im actually starting to lean more towards a year or two old 300. I will be doing a fair bit of highway driving i assume so i will want something that is comfortable on long trips... most cars really aren't.

I drove my dad's 300 for 3.5 hours on the highway and i didnt get even slightly stiff, sore, or tired which i was impressed with. and for 6.5 hours to a tank and only $70 to fill it that really isn't bad. Another plus side to it is the fact that it is a rear wheel drive. Which i am much more comfortable driving RWD in winter because it is what i learn't on, i feel i have more control in it. Plus the come standard traction control and alot of nice features like the MP3 player jack, sunroof, power trunk, adjustable footpedals all that kind of stuff.
Quote by Burtonjp

Saturn Astra.

And, to all of the Europeans on here, yes, it's just the Opel Astra under a different brand name. Since Opel isn't in America, and Saturn really wanted to market the second best selling car in Europe, they cut a deal with Opel to sell them here.

The only changes is a slightly more sloped front end to meet crash test ratings.

I really, really want one. They're moderately priced (starting at under 15,000, if I'm not mistaken), they get great mileage, and they look great.

Euro cars ftw.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Yeah but its a saturn..I hear nothing but bad things about reliability on saturns..

Get the Civic, just make it a 2 door with a manual trans or even the Si version, or get a 5speed scion TC, yes they have to be a stick.
Page 1 of 2