Can you tune a Baritone Guitar to the standard E or would that snap a string due to tension? Just waondering thanks
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
I'm pretty sure it would snap a string, seeing as how baritones are usually tuned a fifth down, and have thick strings to compensate for the low tuning/longer-scale neck.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Die from dir en grey tunes to standard on a baritone dont know his string gauge.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
It is possible, I'm not sure how good it actually will be for the neck and the strings though. Unless you absolutely only have one guitar and it is a baritone and you need to play in standard tuning, I probably wouldn't bother. Besides, you could always capo the guitar so that it is in standard tuning.

Dir En Grey has custom ESP guitars, so just because they can do something abnormal doesn't necessarily mean that it is a good idea. I'm not too familiar with their gear, but it could very well be possible that his guitar is specifically designed for that.
You can depending on your string gauge. IMO, i'd use 8s on a 30" baritone, 9s on a 27" and 10s on a 25.5 for the same amount of tension in standard tuning
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by Matheau
It is possible, I'm not sure how good it actually will be for the neck and the strings though. Unless you absolutely only have one guitar and it is a baritone and you need to play in standard tuning, I probably wouldn't bother. Besides, you could always capo the guitar so that it is in standard tuning.

Dir En Grey has custom ESP guitars, so just because they can do something abnormal doesn't necessarily mean that it is a good idea. I'm not too familiar with their gear, but it could very well be possible that his guitar is specifically designed for that.

I doubt it my cousin has one and tunes it standard Idk what his string gauge is though but the strings are light.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33