Does the G string break alot for people who use Elixer strings?

My G string has broken 4 times, all within about 2 weeks after I buy a set of strings.
I've never had that problem with Elixirs (I use the Polywebs), but I've heard many people say that. Apparently a few people have called the company and gotten a free string too.
Quote by Axeington

My G string has broken 4 times...

Well that might be a sign to lose some weight

No in all seriousness though, i would add some of that "nut sauce" stuff at the bridge, or look at a graphite nut
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by SG6578
Well that might be a sign to lose some weight

No in all seriousness though, i would add some of that "nut sauce" stuff at the bridge, or look at a graphite nut

I thought it was pretty funny that you make some kind of innuendo about a G string, and then your recommendation to solve the problem was "nut sauce".
I used to use the Elixirs but had the same problem, so I switched to Martin SP (sound great). The thing is I did have the same problem until I started stringing my guitar different. I use to wrap the post and the insert string thru eyelet in post. Now I thread thru post and then wrap the string using the tuning post and haven't had any breakage since (6 months). So it might be the way u are string ur guitar. Just an Idea.
my g string has broken twice. no other brands i've used has done that. i always change strings within a month.
I just posted a thread to the same subject about a week ago.

Yeah - I have broken 4 or 5 G strings - all elixirs and all Gs - never another string.

I put cleartones on now to see if it's the strings or something else. So far, so good...
yeah, but not just the G string for me. i've broken everything but low E and A strings when playing Elixirs. i hate them.
I have Elixirs and they're fine, been a couple months now.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

It amazes me how many people have had problems with the Elixir strings. That's all I use, Nanoweb or Polyweb depending on what the shop has at the time, and I haven't ever had any problems. Of course I'm sure some of the people on here play a lot more than I do, so they may be more qualified to give an answer. I generally play 1-2 hours a day and I've never had any problems with Elixir.
Quote by doggy_hat
And I can always borrow my friend's urine.

Love is the water of life, drink it with heart and soul---Rumi

----i love to drink----
well... im mainly a strummer, so that might have to do with it? i can strum pretty harshly sometimes because im a big guy and have a little bit of an issue controlling the strength i put into strumming at times.
Quote by captivate
well... im mainly a strummer, so that might have to do with it? i can strum pretty harshly sometimes because im a big guy and have a little bit of an issue controlling the strength i put into strumming at times.

maybe you should switch from weights and do more cardio.
'id give you one of my beers but i only have six' - deja voodoo
I've had my elixirs on for a loooong time, and had some on before this current set, and some on my old guitar, *never* have broken a string with them. I strum pretty harshly at times too....especially if I've been drinking. I"ve beat the hell out these things and never had one snap. Granted, now that I've said this, the next time I pull it out its gonna slap me in the face, but still. Not had any problems with elixirs.