I'm thinking about buying this half stack.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-FM-412-4x12-100-Watt-4Ohm-Cabinet?sku=601726
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-FM-100H-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=483716

Right now I have a Vox AD50VT which I like a lot. I need something louder though. My price range is in the $500-$600 range.

I mainly play metal, hard rock, classic rock, and blues. All of the other stacks in that range don't sound right to me (MG100HDFX, Line 6, Crate 100W). I'm wondering what people think of this one.

I'll be running my pedal board through it so I don't have to worry about the quality of the distortion channels.
same quality as the other three amps you mentioned and a downgrade from your actua Vox
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Can you get an extension cab for the vox?
Or you can buy a used Hot Rod Deluxe for that money.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
marshall not better than fender, and an extension cab will not make your vox louder
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
Fenders are known for their cleans. So no. And if you're moving it alot, the novelty of a 4x12 wears off very very quickly. And digital modelling amps don't really take pedals very well. Not very well at all.

As for making your existing amp louder, why do you need to? If it's a gig you're playing, get it mic'ed, or chuck it through the PA if possible. If it's for band practice, ask the others to turn down. Your drummer will save cash on skins and sticks anyway

If you're still insisting on getting a louder amp. go for a tube combo. Ie - Peavey 5150 and the like, Randall RG50TC, The aforementioned Traynor, there's a heap of stuff better than what you've been looking at.

Oh and btw, if you're looking for new, you won't get half as good of a deal as you would online, but some people prefer knowing where it came from and having that security.
If you're like that, say so, and people will still suggest decent things.

Just stay away from every amplifier on the list, including the FM100
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
I think that you should go for the FM212 rather than the half stack. It's the same wattage, but you'll have less gear to lug around.

But actually, if you just want something louder, you should just by an extension cab because the FM isn't really that great of a metal amp, but if you're using pedals, then I guess it could pull it off.
Yeah I'll check those other ones out. I was actually thinking about trying to find a used Deville or hot rod deluxe.

what about the FM is bad exactly?
Quote by The Lesser Paul
Yeah I'll check those other ones out. I was actually thinking about trying to find a used Deville or hot rod deluxe.

You won't get metal out of a Hot Rod , pedal ot no pedal.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by The Lesser Paul

HRD's have excellent cleans, but when it comes to dirty tones, i'd go for a peavey classic or the traynors people keep recommending.

Well, it's a rather bad solid state amp (a few solid states are very good). At low volumes, the tone is rather lifeless. At high volumes, it just sounds horrible. Like a can of bees which are really ticked off. And, the FM series is just Fender's contribution to the series of amps which suck, and tricks innocent young guitarists to buy an overpriced stack, but it comes with a nice logo (Marshall MG/AVT's come to mind...).
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
My friend has exactly the same amp, and he plays in am emo/pop punk band, so you might want to reconsider. I think for that type of music it works quite well, but save up and get something better, preferably valve.