I got a Peavey VK212, Digitech Rp90, and Digitech Bad Monkey. I was debating on whether I should get the Bad Monkey or Ts9 and I finally ended up with the Bad Monkey. I had the Ts9 ordered from Musiciansfriend, but they were out of stock forever even though it said it was in stock on the site. I bought the Bad Monkey to test out while waiting for the Ts9 and I ended up really liking it. Not sure if the Ts9 will out perform it or not, but I'm satisfied still.

Question is this now, should I get a EQ or a Sonic Maximizer? Or would it be more beneficial to do Tubes/Speaker swap first?
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
I have heard that tube and speaker swaps make VKs totally new beasts. Probably worth it to get new ones because the Bad Monkey tightens up the amp/has bass and treble on it so it is good enough for now until you get an EQ after the new speakers and tubes IMO.
If you put maybe some Celestions or JBLs in the valveking i think it would just kill. EQ and sonic maximiser can wait i think unless you're playing live all the time, in which case it's really a tossup
is the digitech rp90 good becaue ive been debating about buying one and cant find much on it. and definitly speakers
I never play Live, I play by myself or with a few friend just for kicks. Well, I think when you said Live you meant Gigs right?

Yeah, I've heard that Tubes and Speakers make the VK into a whole new amp pretty much. I definitely wanted a nicer Gain on it so I got the BM Pedal first. So I hear JJ for Powers and Tung-Sols for Pre-Amps? I've heard a lot of rave about the Man-O-Wars as well.

The RP90 is pretty sweet I think, it's really fun the play with. The Amp affects don't work very well at all in the Gain/Lead channel, but it still works really nicely in the Clean Channel. I really only used it for the different kinds of distortions you can get out of it. But the EQ, Compression, and Noise Gate on it come in pretty handy. I got it as a gift, personally I don't think I would have even bought myself an FX Pedal. But for the price, it's pretty good. Not that my opinion really counts that much though, I've been playing for years and I suck unbelievably...
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
Quote by Phry
I got a Peavey VK212, Digitech Rp90, and Digitech Bad Monkey. I was debating on whether I should get the Bad Monkey or Ts9 and I finally ended up with the Bad Monkey. I had the Ts9 ordered from Musiciansfriend, but they were out of stock forever even though it said it was in stock on the site. I bought the Bad Monkey to test out while waiting for the Ts9 and I ended up really liking it. Not sure if the Ts9 will out perform it or not, but I'm satisfied still.

Question is this now, should I get a EQ or a Sonic Maximizer? Or would it be more beneficial to do Tubes/Speaker swap first?

Forget the Sonic Maxipad. THey kill tone. How about getting a 4 space rack, and buy a quality effects prcoessor?
Quote by leadfootdriver
Forget the Sonic Maxipad. THey kill tone. How about getting a 4 space rack, and buy a quality effects prcoessor?

Meh, I don't really use tons of effects, just the basics is pretty much enough for me.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
Quote by guitarman216

How does this compare to some other ones out there? I want a sound mostly used for metal and/or hard rock.
Guitars
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10
I'd get a cheap EQ like the Danelectro Fish n Chips, and replace your speakers with the Vetern 30's like the other guy suggested.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by guitarman216
these are almost a direct clone of the Celestion Vintage 30, only that the WGS version has a bit less of the extreme mid hump that V30's have. the top end is a bit smoother in the WGS speakers as well.

also, check out these, they're a bit more balance than their V30 clones:

http://warehouseguitarspeakers.com/proddetail.php?prod=BritishLead_12

Do you know this for a fact due to usage or experience...or did you just read the paragraph stating that?

It seems too good to be true, a > V30 speaker for less than half the price...I dunno about it man.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Do you know this for a fact due to usage or experience...or did you just read the paragraph stating that?

It seems too good to be true, a > V30 speaker for less than half the price...I dunno about it man.

experience.

go to HCAF. they're really popular over there, and there's clips everywhere.