Page 1 of 5
They are really starting to bug me!

I don't care if they are against pot, in-fact I kinda support anti-pot/drinking talk....BUT

Their new "Drink, Smoke, Regret" Bullsh!t is really pathedic!! It's almost as bad as that old commercial when the two boys are smoking pot and one of them SHOOTS THE OTHER!!!

COMMON!!!!

WHY DON'T THEY JUST SAY "POT CAUSED 9/11 AND KILLED JFK"
Last edited by touji-za-nai at Feb 27, 2008,
are you high?
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
You're an idiot.

And there is an "ONLY" drug thread.

*REPORTED*
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by touji-za-nai

should i tell him or does somebody else want to?
Quote by touji-za-nai

you know there was an ad campaign a couple of years ago that said buying pot supports terrorism.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Most people that are against pot are completely uneducated about it. They also have probably never tried it in their lives. You can't ****ing get addicted to pot (actually coffee and soda were found to be more addictive than pot). Most people think that you can because they haven't done ANY research on it. As compared to alcohol and cigarettes where you CAN get addicted to it. I am greatly in favor of legalizing marijuana.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by Liberation
You're an idiot.

And there is an "ONLY" drug thread.

*REPORTED*

**** you, **** you, **** you
Quote by touji-za-nai
They are really starting to bug me!

I don't care if they are against pot, in-fact I kinda support anti-pot/drinking talk....BUT

Their new "Drink, Smoke, Regret" Bullsh!t is really pathedic!! It's almost as bad as that old commercial when the two boys are smoking pot and one of them SHOOTS THE OTHER!!!

COMMON!!!!

I think I remember a movie (or sketch comedy show) where two stoners are laughing thier asses off at that commercial. funny stuff.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by touji-za-nai

Because that would be ridiculous.

Trying to influence teens not to drink or smoke, however, is a practical idea.

As long as teens are exposed to drugs and alcohol, there will be campaigns against it.

Deal with it.
Reported. And only drug thread.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by civildp1
you know there was an ad campaign a couple of years ago that said buying pot supports terrorism.

well maybe in the sense of the drug wars but, 9/11 directly nah
Quote by SG6578
Most people that are against pot are completely uneducated about it. They also have probably never tried it in their lives. You can't ****ing get addicted to pot (actually coffee and soda were found to be more addictive than pot). Most people think that you can because they haven't done ANY research on it. As compared to alcohol and cigarettes where you CAN get addicted to it. I am greatly in favor of legalizing marijuana.

I'm not against pot either, but the argument most people who are have isn't that pot itself is bad, but it's a gateway "drug" and leads you to try other drugs that do serious harm.
yea, let the masses think for themselves!
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by iceman_8319
I think I remember a movie (or sketch comedy show) where two stoners are laughing thier asses off at that commercial. funny stuff.

Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle
Quote by Alexishxc1337
Because that would be ridiculous.

Trying to influence teens not to drink or smoke, however, is a practical idea.

As long as teens are exposed to drugs and alcohol, there will be campaigns against it.

Deal with it.

And I said that anti-smoking drinking is good, my point is the drink smoke regret angle they are using is dumb
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by rush5757
I'm not against pot either, but the argument most people who are have isn't that pot itself is bad, but it's a gateway "drug" and leads you to try other drugs that do serious harm.

I completely agree that it is a gateway drug. However I think more emphasis needs to be put on educating about other drugs besides marijuana. Marijuana is virtually harmless unless you get into a car while you're high on it.
Gear:
Traynor YCV40
Quote by rush5757

but I don't think that putting pot in the same category as the harder drugs is right...
Quote by SG6578
I completely agree that it is a gateway drug. However I think more emphasis needs to be put on educating about other drugs besides marijuana. Marijuana is virtually harmless unless you get into a car while you're high on it.

I agree 100%
Quote by rush5757

pot isnt a gateway drug either actually
doesnt cause brain damage
doesnt cause addiction
it sickens me how uneducated some people are about pot
Quote by SG6578

Thank you for saying that. Thats the exact same thing i was thinking.
Gear:
Vox Valvetronix amp
Gibson Les Paul
Fender MIA Strat (soon with SeymourD. Pearly Gates humbucker)
---------------------------------

The chicken obviously came before the egg....of course I only say that because I hate eggs.
Quote by SG6578

Yeah. But actually where I live (washington state) TV commercials are starting to concentrate way more on meth than anything, which I think is good. The commercials are frickin creepy too
Quote by touji-za-nai
but I don't think that putting pot in the same category as the harder drugs is right...

Yeah, some of those commercials make it seem like pot alone will kill you, and that's just ridiculous.
Quote by LazarusAngelo
pot isnt a gateway drug either actually
doesnt cause brain damage
doesnt cause addiction
it sickens me how uneducated some people are about pot

He is educated about it buddy. He's saying that it is a true statement that Marijuana use is more likely to open up other drug use of harder, addictive drugs.
Gear:
Traynor YCV40
Quote by SG6578

Exactly
The only times, pretty much, when pot causes any damage is when the user is stupid enough to get behind the wheel of a car
Quote by SG6578
He is educated about it buddy. He's saying that it is a true statement that Marijuana use is more likely to open up other drug use of harder, addictive drugs.

No, its not.
Don't act like I'm not educated about this, I go to group therapy and talk to doctors and counselors about this stuff multiple times a week.
Marijuana doesn't cause a craving for heavy drugs.
People who get into heavy drugs would most likely get into them even without marijuana.
The few times when it leads to other drugs are coincidences.
Go and ask a hundred regular pot smokers if they ever done heavy drugs and i assure you the majority would say no.
Quote by LazarusAngelo
No, its not.
Don't act like I'm not educated about this, I go to group therapy and talk to doctors and counselors about this stuff multiple times a week.
People who get into heavy drugs would most likely get into them even without marijuana.
Go and ask a hundred regular pot smokers if they ever done heavy drugs and i assure you the majority would say no.

oh ya, not all hardcore druggies started with pot, a lot of em went strait to the hard ****.... and it's not a chemical craving for harder drugs either... It is basic human law that when we are exposed to the same thing over and over again, we might end up looking for something different. A lot of pot heads to get bored of the effects of pot for whatever reason and start doing harder drugs
Quote by LazarusAngelo
No, its not.

I admit you probably know more about this than I do, but what I always thought was that people who went on to other drugs from pot did it because they loved the high they got from pot, but wanted a bigger high so they tried something more intense, etc. That's what I always thought anyways, but like I said I'm no expert on the matter.
Quote by LazarusAngelo
No, its not.

You go to meetings. I have a bachelors in pre-med. The fact of the matter is that it's easier to be tempted to try other drugs once the "high" from marijuana gets old. I think there was a study in 2002 that like somewhere around 40% of frequent Marijuana users have tried LSD (which is a hard and addictive drug).
Gear:
Traynor YCV40
Last edited by SG6578 at Feb 28, 2008,
Alcohol and cigs are ten times worse for people but the US doesn't make any money off of marijuana crop since it is produced outside of the country so they make it illegal. I'd rather people be high than drunk. Most people who are high sit on their couch and eat cheetos. People who are drunk get behind the wheel and kills people.

EDIT: Oh and btw i've never done any drugs...not a single one.
I didn't think we would ever make enough money to pay rent by playing music.
-Gregg Allman

*Insert sarcastic, ego-boosting quote here*
Quote by SG6578
You go to meetings. I have a bachelors in pre-med. The fact of the matter is that it's easier to be tempted to try other drugs once the "high" from marijuana gets old. I think there was a study in 2002 that like somewhere around 40% of frequent Marijuana users have tried LSD (which is a a hard, and addictive drug).

Yes, but its not the marijuana that causes them to seek out hard drugs. The truth of it is that those people would do hard drugs regardless just because they need an escape from life. Someone with two kids and a loving family who smokes pot a few times a week isnt very likely to try harder drugs, where as an abused poor person living in a crummy apartment is. And by harder drugs I meant heroin and cocaine more than LSD. LSD, while still being slightly addictive, isn't really an addicts drug. Although, imo, still dangerous.
Quote by Surfside
Alcohol and cigs are ten times worse for people but the US doesn't make any money off of marijuana crop since it is produced outside of the country so they make it illegal. I'd rather people be high than drunk. Most people who are high sit on their couch and eat cheetos. People who are drunk get behind the wheel and kills people.

EDIT: Oh and btw i've never done any drugs...not a single one.

mmm I dk... I heard that over 40% of the pot in america is grown here, I THINK Kentucky is a big pot growing state
The government should make it legal and collect the money for sales. It would help our economy.
I didn't think we would ever make enough money to pay rent by playing music.
-Gregg Allman

*Insert sarcastic, ego-boosting quote here*
^grown out of the country? you must not be from california! the bay area is like a ganja garden, and don't even get started on humboldt county!
Quote by SG6578
You go to meetings. I have a bachelors in pre-med. The fact of the matter is that it's easier to be tempted to try other drugs once the "high" from marijuana gets old. I think there was a study in 2002 that like somewhere around 40% of frequent Marijuana users have tried LSD (which is a hard and addictive drug).

You're wrong.

Is LSD addictive?
LSD does not produce compulsive drug-seeking behavior. Addiction to hallucinogens is rare, although poly-drug addicts (people who are addicted to several drugs) frequently abuse hallucinogens as well. Because LSD users develop extreme tolerance to LSD rapidly, the drug cannot be abused for more than a few consecutive days, preventing the kind of physical and psychological dependence associated with other drugs. This tolerance usually goes away after a week or so of abstinence from the drug.

Source: http://www.brown.edu/Student_Services/Health_Services/Health_Education/atod/od_lsd.htm

So there you have it, LSD is not addictive. I'm beginning to doubt your credentials. You're far more likely to get addicted to caffeine or sugar
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Quote by Surfside
The government should make it legal and collect the money for sales. It would help our economy.

Exactly
Its safer than alcohol or cigarettes
I'm pretty sure that in the next few years, pot will be legalized in California
Quote by Surfside

even if that were the case, it is so POLITICALLY wrong to smoke and sell pot they could never pull it off
Quote by touji-za-nai
even if that were the case, it is so POLITICALLY wrong to smoke and sell pot they could never pull it off

Why? It's wrong to legalize and tax alcohol and cigarettes since they are much more harmful and addictive. They do it anyways. The only reason it's politically wrong is ignorance.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Page 1 of 5