Ok, question here guys, I accidentally banged my washburn against my bedpost and it like chipped a hole in it, and I think cracked it a little too. How do I go about fixing this?
Quote by 40oz2freeedom
just ask her to touch her toes naked....shell never expect whats next
100$ to fix my drummer did the same thing to my brand new jackson on the first day..............
if the crack is perpendicular to the grain of the wood, you have a problem. the crack will get bigger.

if the crack is in the same direction as the wood grain, you're fine.
Quote by trevorjps
100$ to fix my drummer did the same thing to my brand new jackson on the first day..............

#1 rule do not let drummers touch a guitar.
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
Dang I don't have 100 bucks for that, I suppose I'll let it be for a while, and thanks for the crack advice captivate =P The crack is in the same direction as the wood grain.
Quote by 40oz2freeedom
just ask her to touch her toes naked....shell never expect whats next
cracks in the same direction of the wood grain can be left alone if you dont mind it being there.

the reason why cracks in the same direction can be left alone is because all the strength of the wood is in the direction of the line. the grains next to each other don't provide much strength in the wood, it's the grains of wood going length wise. and... yea, lol.
If you see the crack getting bigger, like, splitting wider, pick up some JB Weld at a hardware store. Its epoxy that you mix yourself. It comes in a pack of two tubes. Mix it up, stuff it in the crack with a sewing needle or something, and let it dry. It's an ugly gray color, but you can paint it with nail polish or something. It should stop further splitting. - sd
Lefty disguised as righty