Hello.

Sooo
I have and play an acoustic guitar for a while now. ok maybe not that long.

Hypothectically, i wanted to move to an electric guitar, what are some good choices for a beginners guitar?

i don't care what style i play, as long as i like the music, ill do anything from soft rock to metal. (or die trying, but most likely not)

and anny price under... hmmm $400 is fine..

Any Suggestions?
Alot of people's first guitar is usually a Squire Strat. But everyone's different, I'd recommend something that's a package, including a small amp, pick, strings, etc.
"I play guitar" - Me
keep in mind you'll need an amp too. I suggest you get either an ibanez or squier strat starter pack (guitar, amp, cables, all you need). They both go for under 400 and are a good way to start electric guitar. But I suggest you stick with acoustic a little longer, becuase "not that long" leads me to believe you've been playing for under 2 months.
you can actually get a pretty decent guitar and amp individually for that. i'd suggest getting an ESP M-50 and a small practice amp.

or a decent squier, washburn, epiphone, etc
SQUIER STRAT! I started on one of those (not that that says much - I SUCK!)

BTW there's this really cool one with a mirror pickguard...

And if this is ur first electric, I think u should shy away from Les Pauls, cuz they're damn heavy and they're necks have too much lacquer on them for sweaty hands... (or is it just me?!)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.

My "Pwnage" Gear

Tony Iommi SG
Squier Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender G-DEC
Boss Overdrive/Distortion OS-2
Quote by rush5757
keep in mind you'll need an amp too. I suggest you get either an ibanez or squier strat starter pack (guitar, amp, cables, all you need). They both go for under 400 and are a good way to start electric guitar. But I suggest you stick with acoustic a little longer, becuase "not that long" leads me to believe you've been playing for under 2 months.

I second that one (:
Quote by Snap017
Why listen to it? That song is for emos, homos, and girls.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
And Def Leppard aren't cool. Hell, rabies and Robert Mugabe are cooler.

Ibanez MTM2
Epiphone G400
Marshall MG15MS
Boss DS-1
Digitech Death Metal
Morley Bad Horsie
Quote by gyzer_8970
SQUIER STRAT! I started on one of those (not that that says much - I SUCK!)

BTW there's this really cool one with a mirror pickguard...

And if this is ur first electric, I think u should shy away from Les Pauls, cuz they're damn heavy and they're necks have too much lacquer on them for sweaty hands... (or is it just me?!)

I have the one with the mirror pickguard.
wat
If you're getting a squier stratocaster, it's not recommended in my opinion that you get one of those really cheap ones - the affinity series.

They're known to suck bad and fall apart after a few months. Just my $02
I don't know if many other people have tried these guitars, but I thought, and still do think their a great guitar for a cheap price. I use to use a Gibson Baldwin SG, it was about $115 on eBay. They run around $80-120 or so. The guitar is kind of heavy though.
Quote by Neer
If you're getting a squier stratocaster, it's not recommended in my opinion that you get one of those really cheap ones - the affinity series.

They're known to suck bad and fall apart after a few months. Just my $02

Im not sure if mine is a Affinity. But it hasent fell apart at all.

My guitar is in my sig.
wat
For the amp get a Roland Microcube.

Best one for the price.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-SG310-HiPerformance-Electric-Guitar-Pack-with-Valve-Junior-Amp?sku=514491

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul100-HiPerformance-Pack-with-Valve-Junior-Amp?sku=514492

one of those. the amps in those are great, many 'pros' use the Valve Junior as a practice amp, although they are not very flexible. a distortion or overdrive pedal could fix that though. as for the guitars, they arent bad for starters. i have the Les Paul 100 and it is definitely playable.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model