I was thinking of getting one. My old guitar isnt doin too well, it's a fender strat. Any opinions?
what kinda music do you play?
what kinda gear you got?
what kinda les paul were you thinking of getting?
dude, brand spankin new, im savin up for one now, check out the epi les paul ultra 2, amazing tones from it. Doesn't matter what you play, go to the epi website and watch the vids on it
Quote by deAdbr@1n
I was thinking of getting one. My old guitar isnt doin too well, it's a fender strat. Any opinions?

well it will be a different sound and feel for sure. try one out and see if you like it. but also, there are more brands out there than gibson and fender. look around. my two main guitars right now are a godin freeway classic and a ibanez jet king. they are both not hugely popular guitars but sound really cool imo.
Quote by hell_monkey
what kinda music do you play?
what kinda gear you got?
what kinda les paul were you thinking of getting?

Is there a certain gibson that I should get? Also I play Anything from rise against or sum 41, Im okay but not really good.
Quote by deAdbr@1n
Is there a certain gibson that I should get? Also I play Anything from rise against or sum 41, Im okay but not really good.

Rather than limit yourself to just a Gibson, why not go and try out a bunch of different guitars in your price range
Gear:

07 Gibson LP Vintage Mahogany
90-91 Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Strat
Fender Acoustic/Electric
Marshall TSL601 Combo
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Boss Tu-2
it depends on ur budget...try a les paul studio...i have one and it works really great,try many out cus at times the studios don't come out to great from the factory. i find that the les paul works good for everything, from metal to hard rock to blues to punk...it's an all round quality guitar with great sustain and nice tone...also try the sg and the explorer,u might like those guitars to and they are basically in the same price range as the studio
if you want top of the line, cream of the crop go for custom shop historic reissues.

Ive had around 9 historic les pauls, most of em are just joy to play.
The best ive had were 1959 reissue les paul sunburst relic'ed by murphy, and my current 57 black beauty.

Better save up now.

Edit____
Btw for a 59 your looking at around 4800 or 3500 used.
for 57, 4000 or 3000 used.
[Gear]
1957 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom [gone ]
1958 Reissue Sunburst (Ice Tea)
1959 Reissue Sunburst (Cherry)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone SG
50th Anniversary CS Masterbuilt Strat

Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
well it will be a different sound and feel for sure. try one out and see if you like it. but also, there are more brands out there than gibson and fender. look around. my two main guitars right now are a godin freeway classic and a ibanez jet king. they are both not hugely popular guitars but sound really cool imo.

Is that Jet King's weight anywhere near a Les Paul, is it similar in playability any?
man, when you buy your gibson you will love it, just don't spare your money and rule out the faded series. some of the studios are decent, but standards and up will rule your world! make sure you go to the store when the store is empty and play all of the gibsons they have, and buy the one that you connected with.

you'll love your gibson and it will probably love you back
It's all about feel
also, i wouldnt recommend getting a used gibson for your first one, you can get those collectibles later
It's all about feel