So, I'm in a Hard Rock/Alternative/Progressive band and just got the ideal amp for it in my price range, a B-52 AT-112. The only problem is that we use quite a bit of gain for what we play, and my Tele just won't cut it there.

For a while, I was planning on getting a Gibson SG Standard. But, that's out of the question, as it doesn't really offer what I currently need, and it's a tad too expensive(amazing guitars, though).

I currently have absolutely no money, but I will soon start saving up. I'd really like to keep the budget under $800. I'm considering this guitar. It's got all the features I want, great reviews, and seems cheap for what it is. I'd like a second opinion, though, and I certainly wouldn't mind a few suggestions of other guitars that would be better and/or cheaper. I'm open to pretty much anything(except Deans; I'm just not a fan).

Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
ibanez rg350dx or any of the ibanez rg series there awesome for metal and very reliable. The best i got for that budget
Quote by trivium99
ibanez rg350dx or any of the ibanez rg series there awesome for metal and very reliable. The best i got for that budget

NO. Edge 3 tremolo! Dont buy that.

too much gain? tele wont cut it? get a noise gate and see if that fixes your problem.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Walternativo
NO. Edge 3 tremolo! Dont buy that.

too much gain? tele wont cut it? get a noise gate and see if that fixes your problem.

Already know about the Edge 3. To be honest, I don't trust any locking tremelos other than OFRs. I don't need a tremelo, anyway.

Sorry. I guess I was unclear. The hum is definitely a problem, but it's not the sole problem. I want a guitar voiced more towards Modern Hard Rock. The Tele's way too bright. I'm really wanting something with a Mahogany body and Humbuckers similar to the ones in the C-1 Classic.

Quote by the spiker
You can purchase a decent Ibanez (very versatile guitars) for $800.

Which ones do you suggest? I haven't really found any that spark my interest.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
that schecter's a good allrounder. except schecter necks are chunkier than ur everyday metal guitar.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
The C-1 Classic will be a good overall guitar, as long as you're comfortable with the neck. If you're more of a fan of the thinner Ibanez Wizard-style necks, then look into the RG1570.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
I'm not sure if u really need a new guitar...the guitarist from wintersun (speed metal band, very heavy metal tones) uses a Tele.

Maybe an O.D. + EQ can get u there?

Although if u have enough money a new guitar would be nice. I'd say something with EMGs if you dont mind it a bit lacking in the "classic/80's rock" kinda tone. the Jackson RR3 would be a good choice too (about 650 USD i think)
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...