aloha ppl,
im pretty new here, and me & 2 mates (drums + bass + guitar & vox) just formed a band, this is our first song

Well ok the song is about a girlfriend, wich was 'just a good friend' for a long time, but a few months ago we had this amazing night (by coinsedence, we were sleeping at a friend's place, not enough beds, so we had to share 1) and i totally fell in love with her.. A few days after that, when i saw her again, she acted like if nothing ever happened (i did call her after that night and told her that i liked her alot etc etc)....and the weekend after that i saw her kissing with some other guy. And i'm just... lost, jealous, desperate, confused and VERY pissed atm

it's more of a hard, pissed-off song, no soft accoustic crap this time, ANY criticism is welcome..but plz keep in mind that i wrote the song / text in like 30 - 40 minutes ...it isnt totally ready yet, perhaps we place a solo in it, and we'll probably record it at a real studio if ppl like it (WE WANTZ MORE DISTORTION PLX).

nvm the begin, we had a bit too much booze

http://profile.imeem.com/HB6wmTF/music/3eSUQ-bj/the_knockaround_slackers_reactancewma/

(LYRICS: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794325 )
the knockaround slackers? awsome name? you sound very drunk lol. i thought the vocals were decent, but they could have slowed down a bit. it does seem a bit extreme for a one night stand no? the lyrics are a bit cheesy but, not too bad.

good stuff though. i liked the general feel alot.
Too cool for a signature.
not really my style but it was pretty good im just into to heavier music
Last edited by metallica72487 at Mar 2, 2008,
digging the overall sound of the song..not exaclty my style of music but i can appreciate it...instruments sounded good and vox were ok..but ima gonna have to agree they were boardline cheesy however you wrote it in 30-40 min so with a little revision im sure they'll turn out fine
Chorus was quality.

The lyrics weren't perfect but they were pretty strong.

Generally, I think it's a pretty great song man. Good work

It was recorded in a friend's room, he's got a cheapass mixer, plugged our instruments in, borrowed a friends electric drumset, borrowed a (good!) mic, and voila. Couldn't sing it over though, it went wrong for some reason x) . So the singing is kinda crappy for record quality.

I agree with Chriss & DMBftw, working on the lyrics right now.
btw the lyrics are kinda ''extreme for a one night stand'' 'cause she's been a good friend of me for like a year, then we had this ''one night stand'', after that she starts kissing with some other random guy, and i have the feeling that it was (actually i know that for 99% sure) just to make me jealous. I mean wtf. Really don't know what happened to her, think her evil twin showed up or something...
but still, it's too cheezy idd.

Thanks for the feedback peepz!