Can someone tell me what it is and which type I should buy?
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
A = Audio = Logarithmic
B = Linear

Generally, A is used for both tone and volume, but you can use B for tone if you want. It doesn't make a huge difference.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
So I want an A type for my volume pot?
Quote by Invader Jim
In Europe, A is linear and B is logarithmic. Also, there are C and D. C is reverse-log. taper and D is 'straight line' audio taper.
Good to know! I hear arguments all the time about the meaning of A and B. Now I understand the origin.

rednightmare, You want an Audio taper aka Log taper pot. Linear won't sound a bit different, but the volume will go from zero to half volume in a very small amount of rotation of the knob, when using a linear.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
not that anythingg needs to be said... but ill add some mroe anywayz.

Logarithmic has much more suitable changes in volume to the human ear. So you can hear and dial in differences better.

Where linear if you want 50% you turn it half way. Which is obviously better for tone so you can dial in a tone better. But a log pot works fine for either.\

sorry if this post is repetitive :P
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Thanks a lot guys!