the thread that says "show off your boutique amps!" or something of that matter, it got me thinking. what exactly is a boutique amp and what seperates it from the rest of us

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

They're just really nice, and also really expensive. They're usually hand-wired and whatnot.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Anything I'd have to sell my first born to get, and would do so if I had a first born.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
I think the definition might have something to do with not being mass produced, being hand made in "small" "boutiques" or something like that. Basically a good, expensive amp that's not very common.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama
I think the definition might have something to do with not being mass produced, being hand made in "small" "boutiques" or something like that. Basically a good, expensive amp that's not very common.

yep. 100%.

Also usually they are made with higher quality parts
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
yep. 100%.

Also usually they are made with higher quality parts

But also alot of boutique amps are highly overated. Most people have never played these amps and never will but say they are awesome because other people have told them so and with the price tag most people assume you will get your moneys worth. Trust me though sometimes you don't. I had a chance to play a bogner ubershcall and it isn't worth the price tag whatsoever. Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic amp but I wouldn't pay more than $1200 for the head. I would rather pay for a quality amp rather than pay the people that make them a ridiculous amount of money. Just my 2 cents.
Quote by stevenexp
But also alot of boutique amps are highly overated. Most people have never played these amps and never will but say they are awesome because other people have told them so and with the price tag most people assume you will get your moneys worth. Trust me though sometimes you don't. I had a chance to play a bogner ubershcall and it isn't worth the price tag whatsoever. Don't get me wrong it's a fantastic amp but I wouldn't pay more than $1200 for the head. I would rather pay for a quality amp rather than pay the people that make them a ridiculous amount of money. Just my 2 cents.

Like the Bogner Ecstasy... I've tried it and it is awesome, buti wouldn't pay the price tag for it...
Most of these botique amps look like a waste of cash to me. They may get amazing tone, but i have heard 5150s and rectoverbs with amazing tone. Botique amps are way to much money for me... I still think Fenders have the best cleans on earth...
Quote by timzee117
the thread that says "show off your boutique amps!" or something of that matter, it got me thinking. what exactly is a boutique amp and what seperates it from the rest of us

Boutique= Boogie, Diezel, Soldano etc etc etc
Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Like the Bogner Ecstasy... I've tried it and it is awesome, buti wouldn't pay the price tag for it...

Yeah but you can get a Bogner XTC for $500 from a good pawn shop along with a Gibson LP for $300 ..............

God that was an amusing thread
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Mesa Boogie is definitely not boutique, in my opinion.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
As another summed it up, if you've never heard of it, and it's tube, it's usually boutique.

They are usually handmade and handwired. They have great sound, and are either really old, or really expensive.
High as tits