http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-MG-Series-DXMG-Dinky-Electric-Guitar-512239-i1147624.gc

Would this be a good idea? I'm looking to play metal. I want a sound similar to death, nile, OLD cannibal corpse etc. And it looks like this pickup would be pretty good for that. I have a line 6 spider 3 75w now. I'll probably upgrade it later. But for now I'm looking for a new guitar and wondering if I should get this and replace one pickup with a X2N

Tell me what you think guys
No

there's no point wasting money on pickups with that amp. Besides the X2N is designed for very specific reasons, stupidly high output for lower gain tube amp. The spider has gain out of it's ass anyway and won't respond much to a pickup change.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
new amp. also i have the same guitar as u the mg series dxmg and i was very happy with the seymour duncan JB set (SH-2 and SH-4) it works really well and u get a high pichted squeal on pinches. sound like im killing my guitar lol. soo my suggestions are- **** ur spider amp, get a new one and research into the duncans
Quote by steven seagull
No

there's no point wasting money on pickups with that amp. Besides the X2N is designed for very specific reasons, stupidly high output for lower gain tube amp. The spider has gain out of it's ass anyway and won't respond much to a pickup change.

Well naturally he wouldn't notice a difference on his crappy Spider III, but I think it would be a step in the right direction for when he DOES upgrade his amp.
Yes I know I need to upgrade my amp. But I like to focus on one thing at a time. I'd rather get the new guitar now with the pickups then get the new amp and still play this small ass les paul junior I have.
Quote by giantsfanftw
Also how am I suppose to know if it'll sound good on the guitar I want or not?

What?

I'm guessing you mean how would you know if the guitar you want will sound good with a new amp? or the old amp?

Basically, if you got a quality amp, and kept your guitar now, it'd sound better than if you got that guitar and put it through your amp now.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by giantsfanftw
No what I meant was how will I know the pickups will sound good with the jackson I posted

To be honest I don't the X2N sounds particularly good in anything - but if you have a good amp then good pickups will sound good provided they're voiced right for your needs.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
To be honest I don't the X2N sounds particularly good in anything - but if you have a good amp then good pickups will sound good provided they're voiced right for your needs.

What don't you like about the X2N? I have the same guitar TS does and was looking at putting one in myself. I was thinking about doing an X2N/PAF Pro(F) combo.
Quote by giantsfanftw
Yes I know I need to upgrade my amp. But I like to focus on one thing at a time. I'd rather get the new guitar now with the pickups then get the new amp and still play this small ass les paul junior I have.

i agree, feel is more important. i think it should go like this Guitar-amp-pickups. Get the Jackson, than get a new amp, than get new pickups.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
and before a trillion people say "omg ur a retardz ampz are so much more important" The guitar is what your holding in your hands every time you play and i just think its important that it feels good in your hands. Besides i practice scales unplugged a lot.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)