Just got my American Deluxe Ash Strat today, which looks amazing. But it arrived with the top E string out of the tuner, I think because somebody didn't tighten it properly in production. Whatever the case, I just wanna get it back in there, but I don't know how.

When I manage to slot it in, there's about half a cm coming out the other side. I locked it and tried tuning up, but it just snapped out when I was a semi-tone bellow pitch. Do I need to do something differently or do I just have to get new strings, for the slack?

Would really appreciate a quick answer, I want to play my baby!!!

(And yes, I have checked the Fender website, neither the UK or US version will load for me, for some odd reason)

PICS

I had the same problem. Its the fender stock strings, you need to get new ones(not fender) That will solve your problem
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
put on some new strings
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Might as well get new strings, sounds like theres not enough to grab and let you tighten it up.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
sigh... alrighty then. Does anyone know what gage strings American Deluxes come with? I like the feel of em.
Quote by Tomaz24
sigh... alrighty then. Does anyone know what gage strings American Deluxes come with? I like the feel of em.

Probasbly standard 10's.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Hello, I have a similar guitar,

the looking device in the back are for quick release of the string, not locking devices, you need to tighten this before attemting to roll the string around the nut
the string gauge are 009 to 042, (super bullet with fender) - On Fender website, you can get a user manual as well as spec about what's on your guitar.

Hope this help

DPClement
yes, fender normally ship new guitars with 9 - 42 strings on.

personally i like fender strings and have tried many different makes on my MIA standard strat but prefer fender bullets. i have moved up to 10 - 46 gauge, i needed trem adjustment for the heavier gauge initially.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
WOAH! - friggin lucky.

One half pack of strings lying under my bed. Exactly the same brand, so I'm thinking, there's no way I'll get that lucky. To strings left, one is top e and it's the EXACT gauge.
Ok. I need to get this right. Which way does the string go through the hole?

I'm assuming the second, on the right, but can someone confirm?
Quote by Tomaz24
Ok. I need to get this right. Which way does the string go through the hole?

I'm assuming the second, on the right, but can someone confirm?

the first one.

just slot it through so that the string is taught (you don't want any wraps at all) lock it, tune up, then cut the excess off
are you sure - I just checked the the manual, and it seems to be suggesting (keep in mind that e peg is at 1 o'clock) that it goes in the second way.
Quote by Tomaz24
are you sure - I just checked the the manual, and it seems to be suggesting (keep in mind that e peg is at 1 o'clock) that it goes in the second way.

I'm sure, i've had 2 guitars with locking tuners and that's how you do it. if you do it the second way it'll work too. the first way will just look like the second way after half a turn of the tuner anyway.

btw, enjoy your awesome guitar, and enjoy being 100% in tune all the time
did it your way, works perfectly.

Cheers, dude, I will. I really will.
When I've only jammed with it for about four hours today. But through my Hot Rod Deluxe I think it sounds amazing. Well defined, crystal clear - honestly I don't understand why many people say the SCN pickups don't provide the same traditional strat tone, they're great. I tried out the 57,62 and 70 USA re-issues last month and I fail to see any noticable difference.

Maybe it sounds better because of the ash body, I dunno - when people did knock em it seemed to be when people were talking about getting the American Deluxe HSS which is made of a different wood. But anyway, I'm very impressed thus far.

I'm going to explore the S1 switching now.