Hey guys, I come in need of some advice. I have very little knowledge of amps, however im sick of this bloody marshal MG30 (I got it on the cheap as my first amp over 2 years ago). I predominantly use an Ibanez RG series with EMG 81 pickups, and mainly play heavy/death metal (think Children of bodom, Ensiferum, Kalmah, that sort of stuff). Any help is greatly appreciated
how much is that USD?
Esp Ltd Viper 400
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Peavey 5150 II
Randall Jag Cab
Mesa Boogie Oversized Cab
Maxon OD808
Boss Pedals
Quote by zwound
http://www.musicstore.de/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/MusicStore-MusicStoreShop-Site/en_EN/-/EUR/ViewProductDetail-Start;pgid=?SKU=GIT0010518-000&ProductUUID=0&JumpTo=OfferList

This will get you very far. It's a clone of the famed Peavey 5150 brother (cant remember the number).

People say it's awesome ,and it's cheap...but you need a cab.

If we're talking Bugera, why not the 333xl combo? It can do the br00talz, is in around the same price-range and has a built in noise gate to boot.

Check out the Randall RG50TC and the Peavey Valveking too!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by zwound
http://www.musicstore.de/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/MusicStore-MusicStoreShop-Site/en_EN/-/EUR/ViewProductDetail-Start;pgid=?SKU=GIT0010518-000&ProductUUID=0&JumpTo=OfferList

This will get you very far. It's a clone of the famed Peavey 5150 brother (cant remember the number).

If it sounds like a 5150 go for it. Thats what im using and its pretty versital for metal from Drop D stuff to B standard ****. It all sounds good on it
Esp Ltd Viper 400
Ibanez RGT6EXFX
Peavey 5150 II
Randall Jag Cab
Mesa Boogie Oversized Cab
Maxon OD808
Boss Pedals
Quote by zwound

120w tube head?, that'd blow your ears out Lol
Also, the randall rg50tc is pretty good
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by Popsai
120w tube head?, that'd blow your ears out Lol
Also, the randall rg50tc is pretty good

Meh, it's not like he'll be cranking it or anything seeing as the amp has a preamp volume on it for saturation and lower volume levels.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
probably should have mentioned that it would be for room use only at the moment, but thanks for the replies anyhow will check em all out and weigh up my options when i've had a bit of sleep :P
Quote by stigma15

Only by about 25 pounds, but seeing as it needs a cab as well then it's out of the question.
i played a 120w 6505 (which is the 5150 remake zwound was looking for i believe) at guitar center the other day... with the pre amp volume (or gain) around 6 or 7 and the post volume at less than 1, it was already PLENTY loud. its a complete waste of power if you're just playing at your house, or for small gigs (especially if you run through a PA).

i second the ValveKing, although i dont know how that does with your price range.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by ketiov
Only by about 25 pounds, but seeing as it needs a cab as well then it's out of the question.

I see a price difference at that website of 60 Euros which is over $90 difference. He won't find a decent death metal amp for 300 Euros (let alone with a cab) but best of luck trying.
5150 Combo
LTD Viper 400 (EMG 81/85)