ok so yesterday i got my first seven string
ibanez rg 7321

its muddy as hell if you tune down the first string.

what pickups would you recommend to put in the bridge to clear it up?

also would a bigger 7th string make it not be near as like flexible. it just like wobbles.
as far as the pick ups i don't have a clue don't play 7 strings myself, but if you are tuning to a lower pitch then B, E, A, D, G, B, E, go with a heavier guaged string set i think they come with 10's?, you could try 11's or 12's to get rid of extra wobble, but may need to re-adjust your guitar for the extra string tention.
try getting a set of strings for a 7-string, because tuning a normal 6th string to a B will just make it horrible..
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
dont know about the pickup but you could try to use heavyer strings...
that should clear up the tone a little bit
Guitars/Basses:
-Ibanez SZ-520QM (D-Sonic/Air Norton)
-Ibanez RG-370
-ESP ltd B-55
Amps/Effects/Rig:
-Engl E530 + 930/60 Poweramp
-POD X3L
You might need a new amp, ie one that's designed for downtuned. Look into Peavey 6505, Mesa/Boogie if you can afford it.

And ask this in the 7 string legion, they'll be seriously helpful. More so than us anyway.
I use 10's on my 7, the low B is a 56. When I tune to A it gets floppy, so you should try a bigger string gauge if you want to down tune. Try hybrid 10/11 (10 for high strings, 11 for the four low strings)
those pups are just normal stock Ibanez ones and they are rather muddy. i suggest a set of DiMarzio Blaze 7's or D Activator 7's. both will tighten up the sound and just be all around better. and for strings, they come stock with 9-52's and since its got a 25.5" scale you can go up to a 10-56 set with no problem if you want a tighter feel
Quote by trivium65
ok so yesterday i got my first seven string
ibanez rg 7321

its muddy as hell if you tune down the first string.

what pickups would you recommend to put in the bridge to clear it up?

also would a bigger 7th string make it not be near as like flexible. it just like wobbles.

Right, two things to do. (I had this guitar, so I suppose I have a little know-how). First, like someone said, make your own sets of strings. Thinker gauges on the bottem 2/3/4 strings will help.

Secconds, those IBZ pups are meah. I think you could get some Carvin 7 string buckers for a reasonable price, and be happy with the results. (I had a Carvin 7 string single coil in the neck possition of my RG7321).

Good luck!