what is your opinion on the best brand for metal guitars?best brand?best pickups?strings?

ive got a schecter damien fr with emgs and dr black beauties..
what do u guys think?
It's all about preference.

/thread.

Except one thing: BC Rich, apart from their custom shop and very high end, suck.
i own a schecter damien FR and i highly recommend it, its pretty heavy, but it sounds and plays great
Ibanez RG's are great guitars for metal. From hair to Black. I play an Ibanez RG 320 DX QM. I have an EMG 81 in the bridge and an 85 in the neck. The 81 is great for screaming pinch harmonics anywhere on the guitar and for great solos and ripping leads. The neck is the wizard II and it is very thin. The guitar itself is built well, light, and is very durable; takes a lot of damage if necessary. Also it stays in tune for months with its locking trem system. I bought the RG with infiniti pickups for 399. With the emg's on it its about 540. Best guitar i've ever owned. Buy It
Yeah man, it's all personal preference.

But if you really want to know I actually like Esp guitars, Dr tight fits or high beams, and high output passive pickups.

And personally I don't like ibanez's tone for high distortion metal. I think it's a little thin using basswood as their primary tone wood. They are really good for shred/rock/80's metal.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Last edited by dez_cole at Feb 28, 2008,
I like my G-400 for heavy stuff. I mostly tend to stay away from metal though, and play more grindcore/crust punk/skramz oriented stuff. And some black metal.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Guitar brands geared more towards metal?

Jackson
ESP/LTD
Dean
Schecter
AXL guitars
Minarik guitars
B.C. Rich guitars
Ran guitars
Ibanez...

The list could go on!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.