I bought my HSS kinda on a whim awhile back. At the time I really wanted this pretty Les Paul, but I couldnt justify it at the time as it was more pricy and I never played a day before in my life.

So now its months later, and Im loving the guitar as a whole and am thinking of getting another one for a different sound/feel.

I want something with more punch, and better looks than my strat (I know, blasphemy to some here!).

Genres I look to play are blues and rock wit-a-tad-o-metal.

$1200 cap. I tend to like the looks of PRS's and Gibsons, but I'll take a great playing/looking off name as well.

Go!
BC Rich all the way, especially the new Mockingboards look and sound amazing
I quite like my Godin tbh, got a really nice thick sound. take a look at godins or gibson lespauls, or if u can find one look at Rickenbackers, ive got one and its easily the best guitar i own and it even does metal well.
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
es 335?
im mainly a strat and hollowbody man, but i really like the ibanez satriani sig. check it out too
Consider the Epiphone Elitist Les Paul.
Some say it's better than a Gibson Studio, and I personally think it's a helluva lot prettier. Except for the headstock.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Looking up the Mockingbirds, Rickenbackers and Elitist now.

Thanks guys!
Last edited by Axe Murderer at Feb 28, 2008,
www.Carvin.com

You can get a guitar customized to your specifications for that much.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.