i'm not sure if this is where i'm supposed to be posting, if it isn't please let me know... but its the only place that i saw that made sense.

i just got my tempest custom in the mail, everything is fine one it, but as a couple days passed i noticed a little knick on the fretboard seperator (silver piece) on like the 11 fret i think it is, the string gets caught on bends, its not huge but enough to have it not go smooth and gets caught. is there a way i can fix this? that wont change the sound or w/e. i can always send it back but it already took like 4 months to get to me and id rather not if its something simple that can be done, any help is appreciate it.

the nice is going horizontal and on the G string...
if pictures would help, ill try and take some, thanks again!

-b
You can always refret a guitar. from what ive heard its not too hard. But I wouldnt trust myself doing something like that. Id prob just send it back
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I'd go somewhere like Sam Ash or Guitar Center and go to their luthier and have them look at it. It shouldn't cost too much, and the guys there should get it done right. Alternatively, you could always bring the guitar to them and ask them if it would be anything you could do. They'll most likely tell you that you can't do it yourself, but that's usually to get your money. If you feel like you could do it on your own and you have at least some experience in woodworking or metals, then I'd say go for it if you trust yourself enough to do so.
If you mean the metal fret, then all you really have to do is lay some masking tape over the fretboard and gloss up the fret with some ultra-fine sand paper. 2000+ grit. Take it nice and slow.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by truespin
If you mean the metal fret, then all you really have to do is lay some masking tape over the fretboard and gloss up the fret with some ultra-fine sand paper. 2000+ grit. Take it nice and slow.

So he can get fret buzz when he plays that fret? Bad idea.
If you file one, you have to file every fret above it too.
Quote by Chaosinborn

Quote by gh0sthack

Didn't Kerry King use MGs at some point?

I think he just endorses them because he likes sacks of money
Quote by PimpedOutSquier

Good point. Don't file it until you know what you're doing, because if you have to resort to filing it, you might as well gear yourself up for one hell of a night filing the rest of your frets
Errr you could take the fret out, put a new one in, file the new one to size, polish it then your done. But it would probably be easier to go to a guitar center or something, as it would be a waste of money to buy the fretwire+right size file sand paper etc if you need one fret done.
Take it to a tech and have them replace the fret and file/crown it to the correct size. I say this because, no offense intended, you don't sound like someone who knows enough to be working on them in the first place.
Quote by PimpedOutSquier

I didn't say take it down, just smooth up the groove so it doesn't catch.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
I fixed an epi les paul that had this problem. I got some lead free silver solder, and melted into the slot. After that I filed it smooth with the rest of the fret. Fours years later, it still holds, costs next to nothing, and you cant even tell a repair was ever done
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge