Page 1 of 2
Let me enlighten you all with my story of why the UK government thinks that i am an illegal immigrant.

In january, you have to send the inland revenue department your tax return form. Last summer, i spent a month or so in Barcelona, so i didn't work between july 10th and september 20th, and i had to state why i wasn't working, so i simply put that i was abroad. So today, i received a letter from the inland revenue with a UK immigration application form.

For those of you that don't know me well, i am english, always have been, and until i emigrate to somewhere nicer, i will continue to be english!

What made it stranger is that on the form, they entered my national insurance number for me and my passport number (2 sure signs that i am a british national!!). The form made me laugh because im tempted to fill it in, instead of do the british thing and complain complain complain until everyone knows about it! Some of the questions are "what are your intentions in the UK?", "Why do you want to live in the UK?" and "What contribution will you make to British society?"

That's Gordon Brown's government for you!
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
lol i am an illegal immigrant from iraq.

jkjk!

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
The fact that the phrase 'illegal immigrant' exists sickens me.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

You're an illegal immigrant? well gtfo then.

Look, it's probably a machine that put that letter together, and it obviously can't work out that "abroad" does not necessarily mean that you have immigrated since then.
haha, fill it in, but take the mick on it....actually...don't xD

I think it's quite ridiculous, when me and my family moved back to the UK after the army posted my dad from cyprus to london, there were no records of us ever living in the UK (or no record of something like that) so we had to go through a load of crap just to be considered british citizens. That was Tony Blair's gov't though. Still, Labour ftl?
Don't fill it out, but when MI5 bustdown your door and arrest you for trumped-up terror or immagration charges because they thing your plotting something, then don't come crying to UG.
Haha.

It would've happened under any government regardless though, it'll just be a mistake by an office worker.
Contact the Daily Mail about it.

But seriously, just ring them up and explain the mistake. It could lead to more mishaps in the future, or something. I dunno.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Hmm the daily mail would have a carry on with it.
OR better yet, send it to the sun and have the gutter-press with boobs mock the system.
I'm phoning immigration and accusing you of terrorism.

That'll put you in the jobby. Especially since they already think you're illegal
Quote by timboslice05
illegal immigrants own computers... and mail boxes?

What? you think illegal immigrants live on the street?

They come here to make money, not become homeless in a different country.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I'm phoning immigration and accusing you of terrorism.

That'll put you in the jobby. Especially since they already think you're illegal

Reminds me of that guy getting a truck full of mexicans and driving to them to immigrations.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Child In Time
The fact that the phrase 'illegal immigrant' exists sickens me.

Why is that??

They come here, live off our goverment and expect all the perks that living in the UK brings with it such as free healthcare etc
Tey Took Oour JERBZ!

Seriously thought, just lol @ the form. Fill half of it in, spill some baked beans on it and send it back.

Job done.
QUIT TAKIN' MA JOBS, YA BASTARD!!!

afdhjadhnadjfgkom
Quote by Preid
Tey Took Oour JERBZ!

Seriously thought, just lol @ the form. Fill half of it in, spill some baked beans on it and send it back.

Job done.

I ****in' rofl'd. God that was a great episode.
Quote by freedoms_stain
What? you think illegal immigrants live on the street?

im from america so thats almost what happens. instead they live in tent cities in fresno.
just explain the mistake.

or there's the Mail.

they'll like you.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
You aren't an illegal immigrant or they would have come and locked you up for deportation instead of sending you a kind letter, and as you said, it wouldnt have a space for your NI number and your passport info.

Quote by GrEgUms1991
Why is that??

They come here, live off our goverment and expect all the perks that living in the UK brings with it such as free healthcare etc

+1
My Gear:

Jackson RR5
Marshall TSL601 Limited Edition Racing Green
Last edited by Mortalitas at Feb 28, 2008,
Quote by theneildeal
i had to state why i wasn't working, so i simply put that i was abroad

That was your mistake.
took our jeeerbs!

But seriously that's kinda funny.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by theneildeal
"what are your intentions in the UK?",
"Why do you want to live in the UK?" and
"What contribution will you make to British society?"

"I want to bomb the UK."

Put that answer in every box then black out the passport no. and any personal details before sending a photocopy off to the Daily Mail.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Moggan13
Don't fill it out, but when MI5 bustdown your door and arrest you for trumped-up terror or immagration charges because they thing your plotting something, then don't come crying to UG.

He'll be in guantanamo before he gets the chance anyway... Yeah, I don't really know how that was supposed to be funny. But when that's the first thought that comes to mind, it doesn't fill me with confidence in the nation.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by GrEgUms1991
Why is that??

You are an absolute idiot. Normally I wouldn't comment, but your ignorance beyond belief has pushed me to comment.

YOUR FAMILY MUST BE ABLE TO WORK AND OFFER LABOR FOR THE UK IN ORDER TO GET INTO THE UK. THEY PAY THEIR TAXES WHICH, THUS, MEANS THEY ARE PAYING FOR THEIR FREE HEALTH CARE, ETC. THEY ARE LEGAL IMMIGRANTS WHO DO BRING US SOMETHING TO THE COUNTRY.

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS HAVE NO ACCESS TO FREE HEALTH CARE OR BENEFITS BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE CAUGHT OTHERWISE, THEN LATER DEPORTED UNLESS THE GOVERNMENT DEEMS DEPORTING THEM WOULD BE TOO DANGEROUS.
hey,

do you have the number for the head office or the place you are supposed to send your tax return to?

I filled one in a while ago and am pretty sure I sent it to the wrong adress or it got lost in the post and need to get in touch with them, I am owed a **** load in tax rebates
pink floyd are better than you
Quote by smb
That was your mistake.

i spent the majority of the time on holiday in spain, and seen as there's a little box to write in, i think that writing abroad was perfectly acceptable.

Another point to make is that when they have written my NI number and passport number on it, they have hand written it, so it's not just a computer error.
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Contact the Daily Mail about it.
DO THIS.

Money and 15 minutes of fame will ensue.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I would, but i have too much self respect for myself!

I can see the story now:

200,000 ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS SNEAK INTO THE COUNTRY TO TAKE OUR JERRRBBBBSSSS AND THE GOVERNMENT INVESTIGATES A WHIT ENGLISH STUDENT. ITS POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
You are an absolute idiot. Normally I wouldn't comment, but your ignorance beyond belief has pushed me to comment.

How about a nice big f*ck you.
Get out before you blow us up!

I still find that stupid, how instead of having any person - who would have realised that having a British passport would make you a citizen - to look at your tax form, they rely totally on computers which just look at statistics without any intelligence.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by GrEgUms1991
Why is that??

It is because countries and borders are a man made thing. It's a disgrace that governments don't freely allow anyone to live in their country. It's all the same land and earth. It's a disgrace.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by Child In Time
It is because countries and borders are a man made thing. It's a disgrace that governments don't freely allow anyone to live in their country. It's all the same land and earth. It's a disgrace.

I'm all up for that, but the UK is over populating to at a rate which isn't beneficial for all sorts I'm afraid, there has to be lines for the sake of everyone.
Page 1 of 2