Hey guys...My harley Benton GA5 has arrived...and i F*ckin Love it!

Anyway, i wanted to have a look inside the chassis, but i can't seem to find a way how to get to it....

This damn lid from the back is stuck, even though i removed all the screws...what do i do?
descrew all the screws on the back panel and it should just come off.

Then you unscrew the chassis from the top and take it out.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
There were 6 screws holding the back...i got them all out, and it won't budge even with excessive force...you can see the 3 sockets on the sides on both sides.
Usually the tolex will have gotten stuck together. You just have to pull hard. If it's MDF, it will snap. Don't blame me if the panel breaks.

Quote by guitarcrazy1991
Think of it like opening a paint can...

Good one. Get a screwdriver in there for leverage.
case closed...i jabbed a screwdriver inbetween the amp and the panel, and with a few dangerously sounding wooden crackles, it came out...I'll give some pics, incase someone's interested in a few mins.

I'm thinking of modding mine and replacing the speaker. Pics would be nice
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Looks nice in white/cream....

I've just got a Grainger Valve 5 which is identical to the Epi VJ (no tone pot).....
hey Carry, where are the screws on top you had in mind? Are they attached to the cornerpieces?
Quote by Aleene
Take that power supply out before you electrocute yourself

thanks for the headsup, but i already took it out before i got the panel removed
Here's some pics:

Also, the tubes are Sovtek, and the one under the Chrome tube is just 'Made in China'

Any reseblelence to a VJ from inside?
Do you think i should write a review on it?

Apart from the tone pot, that thing is basically IDENTICAL to my VJ internally.

Go ahead and write a review
Oh! You have a Bad Monkey, how does it sound with the GA5? Worth getting one?
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Oh yes! It sounds great, as long as you don't crank any of the knobs apart from level...as soon as you crank the 'low' (bass) knob, It gets terribly muddy, But if you keep it at around 1 o' clock or below, it sounds amazing. Great for GnR Rythm tones, and anything below.

For the price, it's a steal
Quote by MrCarrot
Apart from the tone pot, that thing is basically IDENTICAL to my VJ internally.

Go ahead and write a review

Yep. Just be sure to drain those caps before sticking your hand in their or you'll be knocked across the room and down for the count. Whats odd though is that appears to be a V3... yet the V3 I bought a couple months back to replace the one I sold to a friend and regretted selling came with 2 Sovteks.
^ Doesn't look like the V3 to me, the V3 comes with JJ/EHX tubes, a properly matched Output Transformer, and a Black PCB. Also on the V3 parts are glued down with epoxy rather than the chewing-gum like sutff on the V2. Plus the V3 VJ doesn't have an I/O on the power switch.
V3 is the newest version of the Valve jr, comes with some upgrades. Well, a better output transformer and the good valves. Otherwise, it's the same cirucit.
Quote by MrCarrot
^ Doesn't look like the V3 to me, the V3 comes with JJ/EHX tubes, a properly matched Output Transformer, and a Black PCB. Also on the V3 parts are glued down with epoxy rather than the chewing-gum like sutff on the V2. Plus the V3 VJ doesn't have an I/O on the power switch.

Thats odd. Guy at GC said he had cracked one open that he bought himself and it was a V3. I know its a V2 as it has a DC heater/filaments/whatever. Guess the easy way to put this to rest is this: where are the bleeder resistors in the circuit?
No idea where the Bleeder resistors are...

Yeah, there's a few ways you can tell you got a V3 or V2 without opening it up.

The V3 will have the blank on/off switch wheras the V2 has I/O on it.

The V3's Output transformer will say primary: 5.2k ohms wheras the V2's will say 7.5k ohms.
Mine came with an un-named 'Made In China 12ax7', but EL84 is EHX....

Gonna get me a pedal on the weekend, will try out a bad monkey.

Need's more 'chug'....