I've been looking into adding another Les Paul to my collection. Two in particular are the Menace and the Prophecy. Let's take a look.

The Menace, first, retails around 8-900 bucks, is made by Gibson, and comes in flat black. The only thing I kinda don't know about is the tribal routing. It adds to the look, but I dunno if it's me. And the Smoky Coils. Never heard a set, aside from the clips on Gibson's site. The fist inlay I love, the headstock inlay I love, and the unfinished neck I love.
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-LPGM

The Prophecy (specifically the GX) is a far more gorgeous guitar, in the art-form sense. Black cherry, lightning bolt inlays, pearl knobs, gold hardware... Gorgeous. It's a 24-fret guitar with Gibson Dirty Fingers pickups. Never heard a set of these either. How do they compare to the Smoky Coils? I also don't know how I feel about just a master tone and just a master volume. I kinda like the separate controls for each pickup. Coil tap is nice, though.
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-EPI-ENCS-BC

So I know that there are differences between the guitars, and a lot of them are obvious. But let's talk about tone, feel, and maybe just a little about aesthetics.

Maybe I'll just say **** it and get a Korina Explorer.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
never tried the dirty fingers but i hear they are horrible and were discontinued at one point. also go gibson all the way its blasphemy that they make epiphones with 24-frets
the bottem one
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I'd hardly call it tribal routing on the gibson, it's just a couple of lines
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by yogurt_overdose
I'd hardly call it tribal routing on the gibson, it's just a couple of lines

That's what THEY call it.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
I hate those routings on the Menace, but I love the rest of it. However, I despise the inlays on the Prophecy more than most other things (plus, the Maxi pad headstock should be forbidden).
Prophecy with EMGs. Mmmm...

I use a Scheter C1 Hellraiser as my main guitar- you'd be suprised by how versatile they can be.
I have a Les Paul with EMGs already, so I'm not going to get the EX.
But the DirtyFingers with coiltap is interesting, along with the finish on it.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
I'd get the Epi, mostly just 'cause the finishing of the Menace series makes me want to vomit.

The Smoky Coil pickups though are better than the Dirty Fingers. The Smoky Coils are basically slightly overwound versions of their normal 49/50 series pickups that Gibson put in most of their production guitars, and can handle metal but are really made for 'just' hard rock, but can be clean enough to play softer stuff too.
The Dirty Fingers though are even more overwound, and though they can do metal slightly better, they're much worse for the lighter end.

Since you already have an LP with EMG actives in though, I would assume you're sorted for metal, so the Smoky Coils would probably be better for you.
I actually kinda want something a little more oriented towards a more classic sound, rather than the ultra-gain sound of the EMGs.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by Dyers
never tried the dirty fingers but i hear they are horrible and were discontinued at one point. also go gibson all the way its blasphemy that they make epiphones with 24-frets

You're out of control, Dirty Fingers' are amazing pickups. Go for the second, it'll give you better value, I think the top is just cashing in on the brand. My friend has the SG version, and it sounds terrible.
Dickless.
Dirty Fingers really arent anything special. They are no match to similar humbuckers from Seymour, Emg, Nailbomb etc.

I have been testing them on 3 differant guitars and they dont even suit any of them.
the Epiphone has the far superior pickups - the pair on the Gibson are their basic humbuckers, whilst the Dirty fingers are the hottest ones they make. And also, theres' a very good reason why they don't make the LP Menace anymore...
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by Korzack
the Epiphone has the far superior pickups - the pair on the Gibson are their basic humbuckers, whilst the Dirty fingers are the hottest ones they make. And also, theres' a very good reason why they don't make the LP Menace anymore...

"They're hotter, so they must be better!"
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
i went to see a concert last night and the lead guitarist was playing a cherry epiphone les paul prophecy. from what i heard it had a decent sound but he was playing though a mesa dual rectifier that can make even the worst of guitars sound great. i like the flame top on the guitar but i really don't like the inlays, they look stupid. i tried the dirty finger pickups and they are really nice with a good amount of output. it's esay to get pinch harmonics on that set. regarding the menace i've never tried it but it really looks like crap imo, prob one of the ugliest gibsons on the market,well second to the reverse flying v and explorer.
Quote by timi_hendrix

"They're hotter, so they must be better!"

For metal, I would presume so, which is what I'm presuming is what he wants the guitar for... and Knock it off!
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
i heard the dirty fingers are really good for distortion but somewhat trebly for cleans
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
If having 24 frets or having some "theme" isn't important to you, I would suggest looking at the Epiphone Elitist Les Paul. For a little extra ($1100-$1150), you would be getting a guitar that is far better. Use the search bar, and do some reading on the Elitist LP if you're not familiar with it.

If you don't want to spend the extra money though (and you don't want to look used), I would suggest looking elsewhere (several ESPs in that price range would give you far more bang for the buck than the Menace) or just saving your money.

.....and, you probably hear this a lot, but what you need more than any of these guitars is a good amp. While your AD15VT might be "working" for you, this purchase is clearly not about something you "need" (judging by your sig, you already have 5 electric guitars). With that said, a good amp could dramatically increase your guitar playing pleasure.

800-900 bucks can buy any number of really nice amps...
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
If I were you, I'd get something different than what you already have. I don't think this guitar will do much for you.