Hey, i jus got my usb cable for my rp350 today and am trying to set it up to record on my pc. I downloaded x-edit and updated. So when i open x-edit it brings up a graphic of my pedal and i can screw around with the effects and what not. But what i wanna do is record, and i cant seem to find any record button. or even any editing options. Anyone know how i get to these controls?
Quote by Hilborn
Hey, i jus got my usb cable for my rp350 today and am trying to set it up to record on my pc. I downloaded x-edit and updated. So when i open x-edit it brings up a graphic of my pedal and i can screw around with the effects and what not. But what i wanna do is record, and i cant seem to find any record button. or even any editing options. Anyone know how i get to these controls?
Not sure but x-edit is probably just for editing presets. Get a copy of Audacity. It's free. You may need to go into the Sound dialog of the control panel and set the default audio input device to the RP350/USB. Not sure what the exact name is but I'll bet the documentation tells you this. When all else fails RTFM.
You'll need a recording program. X-edit simply allows you to control the unit via your computer. Also allows you to save settings to files and load files (settings) to the RP350.

A free program that you might want to look at is called Audacity. Just google it. It's a free, and simple recording program and it's what I use with my RP250.

edit: argh... beaten because of a phone call...
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by fly135
Not sure but x-edit is probably just for editing presets. Get a copy of Audacity. It's free. You may need to go into the Sound dialog of the control panel and set the default audio input device to the RP350/USB. Not sure what the exact name is but I'll bet the documentation tells you this. When all else fails RTFM.

Wickedd!! thx man, jus saved my life lol.
hey man... can u tell me how to record in audacity... cuz ive been tryin and i cant... i already selected the rp350 as the default imput device but i dont know how to start recording on audacity...
thnx
press the red circle..?

it creates a track that records what you play on it.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by FLNagle
press the red circle..?

it creates a track that records what you play on it.

It gets even easier, actually.
If he would have discovered this button labeled 'r' it would have been fixed.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer