Anyone going to watch it? 11pm E4?

Might watch it, but i pretty much know who's won it as their website keeps updating it. just gotta try and not go on!
Yeh cos' Kate Nash is playing and we will one day be married.

D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by akaDan
It better not clash with Family Guy on BBC3.

Yeah it does.

And probably not because i dislike the NME.
It's gonna be a blue day
Yeah I'm gonna wear my trilby and blazer and smoke and watch it!
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

The only thing in the entire shortlist that has a worthwhile award is radiohead winning best album...otherwise it's the most boring shortlist ever, wtf is kevin drew's album or neon bible.
Quote by Draken
The only thing in the entire shortlist that has a worthwhile award is radiohead winning best album...otherwise it's the most boring shortlist ever, wtf is kevin drew's album or neon bible.

Neon Bible was probably one of the biggest Canadian indie albums last year. It made some waves, that's for sure.
I haven't heard much about NME, but I've never heard anything good about it.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Yeah I'm going to sit on my shabby sofa with oversized glasses and a huge mop on my head, converse shoes or brogues, smoke mayfairs even though I can afford Dunhill, talking in a hugely overemphasized regional accent and namedrop everyone who gets on the stage. "Oh yeah, I met him once after a gig at the Electric Kookaburra bar, he was cool, we had a drink. He called me a ****. You know, jokey stuff like that"
er, ok! didn't know everyone hated the NME so much!! i feel like i shouldn't now.

but i will, because i don't care what you all think!
Quote by smb
I made my feelings on the NME awards clear here

to be fair, it's not actually NME who picks, it's the people who vote!
I might watch it, hate the magazine but the live performances may be enjoyable.
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Quote by fender_696
to be fair, it's not actually NME who picks, it's the people who vote!

Surely the nominations are chosen by the editors? I don't know. The magazine isn't fit to set fire to though. The way they desperately chase trends to try and keep up their failing readership is like that irritating "friend" you had at school that bought the same CDs as you in a desperate attempt to get you to like them.
Quote by smb
Surely the nominations are chosen by the editors? I don't know. The magazine isn't fit to set fire to though. The way they desperately chase trends to try and keep up their failing readership is like that irritating "friend" you had at school that bought the same CDs as you in a desperate attempt to get you to like them.

nah the editors don't, the readers do. first stage is the question and an open ended answer box, where you put anything, then they're shortlisted and voted for.
Quote by fender_696
nah the editors don't, the readers do. first stage is the question and an open ended answer box, where you put anything, then they're shortlisted and voted for.

Okay, follow my logic here:
If only idiots will listen to idiots, and
The editors at NME are idiots, then
The readers of NME are idiots
Therefore, the list was selected by idiots.

Now you can replace idiots with tasteless people, trend followers, whatever you want.

Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.