http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALBA-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-SUNBURST-WITH-2-HUMBUCKER_W0QQitemZ150164216018QQihZ005QQcategoryZ2384QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262#ebayphotohosting

i swear the "open book" headstock is strictly copyrighted
surely the company making this guitars could be heavily sued for breach of copyright?

beacuase isn't [apart from the obvious tone/workmanship] the only thing distinguishing a knock off Les Paul and a real Gibson Les Paul is the unique head stock? all you need to do is put some plastic grover tuners on, change the truss rod cover and add some gibson decal and it'll look exactly like the real thing [if you sell it on eBay for example]

or am i completely wrong?
Sorry, I wasn't looking at the guitar.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
that loooks pretty close to slashes lp
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Sorry, I wasn't looking at the guitar.

+1

Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by oldyards15
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALBA-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-SUNBURST-WITH-2-HUMBUCKER_W0QQitemZ150164216018QQihZ005QQcategoryZ2384QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262#ebayphotohosting

i swear the "open book" headstock is strictly copyrighted
surely the company making this guitars could be heavily sued for breach of copyright?

beacuase isn't [apart from the obvious tone/workmanship] the only thing distinguishing a knock off Les Paul and a real Gibson Les Paul is the unique head stock? all you need to do is put some plastic grover tuners on, change the truss rod cover and add some gibson decal and it'll look exactly like the real thing [if you sell it on eBay for example]

or am i completely wrong?

Sooo how do you know that company didn't pay for the rights?
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
i doubt it, I've seen a lot of fender strat knock-off heads, like on all the imitation strats
they could've, but it would have cost them alot

n i was jsut wondeirng coz i saw an article somewhere recnetly about how they had to sue brands like tokai and a load of japanese companies for ripping the headstock off [as in stealing the design, not actually tearing it off lol]

but yer, was just curious, wanted to see what you lot thought
As long as it doesn't say "Gibson," it's fair game.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
holy **** theres a guitar there!!
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
Quote by Wratheh
I love the way people use sex to sell things now. It's awesome

Haha, I love the way it actually works!
Quote by Wratheh

It's been happening for much, much longer than you'd think.
Quote by Wratheh

I'd much prefer it if they used sex by giving away hot chikcs free with products. That would be cool.
You can tell it's not Gibson because that thing has a fugly wooden top instead of a gorgeous flame maple cap.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Aren't Alba the same company that makes really cheap mp3 players, cd players and tellys that are mostly sold in Argos? Why the hell do they want to make guitars...
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
Reminds of when Gibson sued PRS, and won. And that was less obvious than this...

Though I presume a lawsuit probably wouldn't be taken out again these guys, it was just because PRS are such a well known and respected company that Gibson a) wanted to re-affirm that the Les Paul was their guitar shape and b) wanted to damage PRS's rep a little.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by Wratheh

They're a German company, what do you expect?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Badreligionrock
Reminds of when Gibson sued PRS, and won. And that was less obvious than this...

Though I presume a lawsuit probably wouldn't be taken out again these guys, it was just because PRS are such a well known and respected company that Gibson a) wanted to re-affirm that the Les Paul was their guitar shape and b) wanted to damage PRS's rep a little.

Gibson won?! Then how come the Singlecut went back into production after a period of absense?

And this is made of solid maple and costs 89 bucks. I doubt Gibson would care. It's probably **** and not even worth comparing.

Tokai, on the other hand...
Quote by Wratheh

the same company selling speaker stands...

Quote by Dinkydaisy
They're a German company, what do you expect?
Ahh didn't notice that
Quote by sashki
Gibson won?! Then how come the Singlecut went back into production after a period of absense?

And this is made of solid maple and costs 89 bucks. I doubt Gibson would care. It's probably **** and not even worth comparing.

Tokai, on the other hand...

Actually, they may have lost...
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.