my dad brought home a squier bronco bass his workmate wants to sell. anyone here have any experience with these and if so, what are they like?
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3
Aren't they just a short scale with only one pickup? (looks like a single coil)
Are you short? Do you need a short scale? You can almost definitely get a much better beginner's bass.

They're made for like... kids.

And midgets, I suppose.
They're pretty sweet. Why don't you play it and find out for yourself? I say with new strings (Elixirs of course) and with a bit of wear on the neck, that bass would be killer. If the guy wants $100 or less for it, that's a good deal, imo.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
They're quirky little short scale very basic starter basses. It's not worth much if anything and I don't recommend starting with a short scale bass - it's like learning to drive in an automatic.
Quote by smb
They're quirky little short scale very basic starter basses. It's not worth much if anything and I don't recommend starting with a short scale bass - it's like learning to drive in an automatic.

excellent analogy
o man they are awsome. the short scale neck is wicked fast. i remeber seeing one at a longs for like 120 bucks. yea its a squier and all that. but i've played it plugged in and its a sweet mini bas.
Fender '51 Precision Bass
Hofner Verythin LTD Edition Guitar in Walnut w/ Bigsby
Engelhardt ES9 Upright Bass
1968 Trayner YBA 1A MK II Amp
w/ 6x10 cabinet

www.iaminlimbo.com
a friend of mine let me borrow his amp and stuff so i could try it. it does sound ok, although i think i prefer the p-bass that i tried out in the shop. having said that, the bronco itself is only about £50 which is kinda tempting, and my dad's attempt at saving a bit of money. all in all though, i think the p-bass is better for quality and comfort, in my own opinion
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3
At that price? Hell yeah, go for it. If nothing else, you can always sell it back for... a lot more.
any bass is better than no bass. i've owned a short scale, and they are not terrible.
if it will get you by until you can support your own "bass habit" i say go for it!
It's like a squire Mustang bass really

same scale, but one being better than the other

I'm obsessed with my Mustang atm, I pick it up in a week with hard case all brand new

and I've only ever played full scale basses, but there was something about this bass, I dont know what, but it clicked with me,and after 2 hours playing it before I was surgically removed, I knew I needed it, I've had it reserved since November, bless them at PMT, theyve let me do it

anyways, yes, short-scales are basses too

but yeah, learn on a full scale first, you have more choice and get laughed at less

it's just, the Mustang atm, is the bass for me, never tried the Bronco though, just know it's like Squiers version (yes I know it looks different, but you get what I mean) and not THAT great a bass, but there are a lot worse out there, and £50 is a good price
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
I say go for it. It sounds like an adventure.
I like Fall Out Boy.
That is all.
so is it basically that the neck is just slightly shorter on short scale basses cuz as far as i could see, thats really the main difference
Quote by Heilz

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3